Chapter-14{Unfolding}

Walking to him was nothing less than walking to wrath. His body language from meters away could tell how angry he was. But Nandini knew she hadn't any other choice. She knew they had developed some bit of unsaid affinity but again, her life was too messed up to involve people. She could not afford to carry any further guilt to lose people. She needed to cut off whatever was brewing.

"Do not even try," he said showing his finger as soon as she stood beside him.

She looked at him keenly, taking time to gather courage to convince him.

"You know I don't belong here," she said looking into water.

Without even looking at him, she could tell that look on his face was something she didn't want to see.
"I mean, look around," she chuckled a bit and then shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't deserve to live in a forest. I had never ever put feet in mud in my entire life and then I am actually breathing, eating and consuming dirt since few days," she said a bit dramatically.

His eyes followed her each expression as she kept telling him irrelevant non sense.

"Look at you. I mean I am still amazed why my mother asked you to take me away," she said while pointing at him.

Manik kept trying to get a hold of her eyes as she kept looking everywhere but not at him.

"I don't deserve to be here. I don't deserve to live such low life," she said in a serious tone as she gazed stream.

"I couldn't control my laugh back there when you... I mean look at you... You actually declared how you won't let me go," she said with loud mocking stance.

"Who are you?" She asked offhand.

Manik who was fuming in anger by then clenched his jaw to control his ire.

"A nobody, who actually doesn't have his own address, want to take me in," she chuckled in sarcasm.

Water kept making sweet noise as she anticipated his outburst and he waited her to continue.

She looked at him finally as no other option as he had chosen to go quiet.

He was looking at her with almost no anger but a familiar cold.

"You've nothing to say?" She asked in a whisper.

Her amused gaze met his warm icy one. His lip angled a bit and she could see a smirk drawing.

"Your Highness," he said and walked to her.

"That was the lamest play I've ever seen," he added.

"Not even lamest but badly enacted too. You should definitely not try it on anyone," he concluded.

Her eyes transitioned from being amused to defeated.

"I wasn't lying," she said angrily, "I seriously can't live with you people."

"Then turn your can't into cans, highness," he retorted a bit irritatedly.

"Why can't you just listen to me for once and get lost?" She said agitatedly.

"Still lame and unconvincing," he said looking away .

"You cannot decide things for me. No one gave you that right," she said almost crying.

"I won't. Just start using brain and I would put mine at rest," he answered softly.

She turned towards river and tears made a way out.

"Your mother wanted you away from something I guess," he said, "by going back don't turn her sacrifice futile."

"Think about it," he said and walked away leaving Nandini alone.