Chapter-36 {Symphony}

Bathed in sunlight, morning brought warmth which could only sting amid frost. They say when sun teases the ice, it's worst cold ever. It melts with such intensity that even bones could be pierced. 

"Just once, Nandini"

Manik pleaded without uttering a word as he looked at her in morning feast. He was yearning for moment when she spares him one glance.  Men in host camp played some symphony and it all sounded so vain. He exhaled aloud letting white mist flow out of his mouth. She was sitting afar with Aashi, smiling a bit at something Aashi was talking about. She had talked to him in morning, maybe as second thing. But all he could see was her eyes which were a bit less lit. He needed her beside him smiling that beautiful smile for which he could live forever. 

"Nandini," Aashi called and Nandini looked at her. 

"Try this one, it's super delicious," Aashi offered some delicacy to her and Nandini took it only to let it go waste. It shed bit by bit as she got busy with her talkative mind. She looked at him and again he was looking at her. She breathed deep looking away. He was bothered, she knew. She didn't want him to ponder over things which didn't matter. She didn't intend to send him thinking over last night. She had ended that little tiff at that moment, though pang inside had another tale to tell. She had gone to see lake few minutes back with Aashi. She hadn't proposed the idea but Aashi did. He had followed them silently and she couldn't see a thing because all her mind had was him. 

People chirped louder completely loving the welcoming vibe and abstract thoughts got lost in between. 

__________________

Standing in front of a military camp, Harshit looked at vast area it covered. They had traveled to this base camp to work out something which was going to change lives. He and his father thought how lives would be simpler with that one trade. His father joined him and they both started to walk towards giant gate. 

"It's going to change everything," Harshit mumbled. 

"Hopefully for good, son," Chief added and sighed. 

Walking inside, two uniformed men lead them to a fancy set up. It was a luxury tent which had everything they couldn't even dream of anymore. They both looked around and then pondered over what they have been brought to. 

"It's all fine here," Chief said touching a beautiful couch. 

"It's like they have turned blood into gold," Harshit added. 

Both stayed silent as minds witnessed massive battle inside. 

"She will be just going to her father," Chief said to Harshit as if trying to reason the sin they were about to commit. 

"Yeah," Harshit replied uncertain. 

"All what matters to me is life of my people," Chief added with agony, "And I will ensure that no matter what it takes."

Harshit pursed his lips brush off the doubts. 

"Exactly," He agreed and someone entered the tent. Both of them stood up seeing the awaited man entering. 

It was time to lay the terms and conditions. 

__________________________

Wandering between the pine trees around, Nandini heard the giggles of children who had dragged her along in their little adventures. Aashi was somewhere searching for berries her mother had taught her to recognize.  Day was quite relaxing as all they do was forgetting every odd and being what they were. Nandini smiled warmly looking at kids playing hide and seek. Place was exceptionally gorgeous. It was by far best thing she had seen. Forest in foot of valley with almost everything she wanted to see. She smiled further but then it faded out. He wasn't beside. She wanted to know what it feels to be happy with him. Manik was busy in making arrangements for their further journey. It wasn't an easy task to bring that huge lot of people along. It was like collecting a huge group so that they reach a place where they all could make a home.