Chapter-31{Amendments}

Manik crashed in his bed with a thump as he saw Nandini entering the room with apparent ire on her face. He was panting hard, his face was sweaty, he was a mess. 

"Glad you are here, Nandini," Doctor exclaimed in relief. 

"Never leave this man alone. He is a beast," He added with a taunt while Manik paid no heed to his words. His eyes were glued to her as she heard Doctor. 

"I am sorry, Doctor," She apologized while he just left the room telling her Manik would doze off any minute owing to sedative dose. 

She closed the doors and then looked at his relieved face. He was at peace. His eyes were constantly trying to read her face. 

"Did you cry a lot?" He asked in a meek voice. 

She didn't answer but kept scaling his face with her eyes. 

"You had left me to that only," She answered after a long pause. Her voice heavy, tears ready. 

He furrowed his eyes due to pain as he tried to move a bit. 

"Still you won't understand, right?" She asked bewildered. Walking to him, she paused a few inches away.

"You look tired," He said, his hands trying to reach her face. 

"You have no idea," She murmured as tears made their way out. 

His hand made its way to meet her trembling skin. She closed her eyes letting more tears out. She heard him sigh and she wiped those tears away. 

"I hate it," She said as she gaped his confused face. 

"I hate to be in this place," Her voice darker than ever, maybe coming from a deep dark valley. 

His hand traced tear lines on her face while she let that warmth sink in. There was no way she could let the elation subside. She was at peace in middle of storm. It was hard to make a difference. His mouth was a little open, maybe he was finding the right words but she knew he was bad with them. 

"What would you do if I walk out now and never come back?" She asked in low angry tone. 

He looked baffled. 

"What's wrong Nandi...," He finally spoke but she cut him in middle. 

"What if I send you to sleep and then don't be there when you wake up?" She questioned a bit loud yet so meek. 

He looked horrified. He couldn't get what was wrong. 

"You won't," He answered refusing to give thought a chance. His voice fierce yet cold. 

She chuckled sadly. 

"Yes, I won't," She agreed wiping some more escaped tears. He sighed aloud. 

"What's wrong?" He asked again trying to get up and then failing miserably. 

"Don't you dare, Manik," She roared getting up and pushing his shoulders back to bed. 

"Don't you dare," She warned while he blinked his eyes unable to get what's wrong with her. 

"Try moving from here and see what would I do," She added furiously. His face turned angry all of sudden leaving side of confusion. 

Pulling her towards him, he gripped her waist with his spare hand as one was tied to bed. Doctor had forgotten to untie that before leaving. 

Her front grinding against his chest as she struggled to get out of that clasp. 

"Tell me what it is?" He asked furiously. 

"Leave me, Manik," She spat incensely. 

"Tell me," He demanded pulling her even closer. His eyes were red and heavy. He was supposed to sleep, Nandini worried.