Chapter-4{Not that word}

Next two days were about medicines, resting and getting bored. Well, no one asked her to get out in rain so she was bearing the consequences. She laughed at the thought how in her world, it was crazy to get drenched in rain and people can actually make a fuzz about it.

Her mother and her endless instruction on what to do and what not, getting scolded on stepping out, being kept under indirect surveillance; oh well! She knew why Aryan was with her.

"Commandos found some suspicious movements in camp last night," Aryan told her. Nandini had managed to make him utter a few details about the business here in these days. 

"Is it?" She replied showing utmost interest.

He walked to her and sat beside her. "Deputy suspects some refugees to be involved only," He uttered trying to look all equipped.

Nandini pressed her lips trying hard to control her laughter at what her mind just had processed. Aryan's trying to be smart attitude and he being total braggy about it, she couldn't help but laugh.

"People here are thankless. You see, lieutenant has helped us in this hour of need. Especially when our own minister is nowhere to be found," He uttered carelessly and next moment he knew what he had said.

Nandini's smile dropped listening to mention of her father. Aryan realized and said, "I am sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay," Nandini faked a smile.
She walked to the window and thought how Aryan didn't say anything untrue. Her father had indeed left people of this town when they needed him the most. All this army there, she didn't know why they were there after those riots. She didn't know why her father was not in charge anymore. She didn't know anything. She sighed in frustration.

"You want to go out," Asked a guilty Aryan. Nandini turned around and nodded in yes.

After two boring days, she was going to get to some fresh air to breathe. All tucked in overcoat, she squeezed inside even more as soon as freezing wind crossed her air.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Somewhere you haven't been," Aryan asked with a smile.
She smiled back. In all these days, for the first time she smiled genuinely to him.
___________

They walked down some slippery ways. Nandini looked at the snow capped mountains as they walked out of dense valley.

"Beautiful!" she exclaimed.

She saw an under construction colony in front of her as they started to walk down the hill.

"What is this place?" She asked Aryan.

"This is where I live," He said, "These are to be quarters of officers."

Nandini looked at the laborers working there. They were for sure refugees, working hard for their bread and butter.

They walked by that long lane and reached a shack.

"This is where I live," He opened a gate.

"It's not much furnished but once this colony gets constructed, I am promised to be given a quarter," He bragged yet again.

Nandini was least interested in his anything now. She certainly didn't want to be at such place and with someone who was licking to those army officers for some perks.

"I think I would get some fresh air around," She tried to excuse herself.

"Hey," She heard a voice, a female voice.

She looked around to find same girl whom she had seen with Manik. The girl smiled so warmly at Nandini.
Aryan glared her as she walked to Nandini. He looked unhappy about the meeting.