Chapter-21{Not now, Not ever}

For the first time maybe, her reality was prettier than dreams. What dream was taking away, truth chose to give back. Not all of it, but that one bit and she guessed it mattered. He was standing right there when she opened her eyes. He didn't leave. His eyes were nothing less than chasm which could actually splosh any moment. They had moist which could never be named as tears. It was much more than she could even word. He was just standing there unmoved, blanch and forwent. His muscles were stiffened and she could see how hard he was trying to contain something. 

They both didn't stop looking at each other. Surroundings were insulted in every possible way and neighbors had walked out owing to the utter negligence. 

"How are you?" He asked as soon as room held their breaths only. 

His voice was low yet profound. 

"I am fine," She answered and tried to get up. Her head spun as soon as she made a movement. His arm encircled her neck as she lost the grip over her spine. And out of sudden, all she wanted to do was crying. She was alive and it wasn't a dream. She could feel his breath on her forehead as he put her down. Before he could retrench his warmth from her, her eyes saw a cut on his forehead. Her eyes just couldn't get away. Her hand tentatively touched the cut and he looked at her. His eyes met hers so close. Her finger lingered on his wound and he just kept grasping every bit of it. 

"You are hurt," She murmured as she made an accord with his skin. Her touch was healing as he smiled a bit. 

"Not anymore," He said and then slowly withdrew his arm from her neck. She gasped in agitation.

"You should rest," He said and did the curtains. 

"Manik," She called his name and he immediately turned to her. 

"Let them open, please," She said and he left them open. 

"Where am I?" She asked and his face fell. 

___________________________

"Is she awake?" Harshad asked furiously to Doctor. Doctor nodded but then added, "She is still critical, Harshad. She needs time."

"I don't care if she is critical or dead. I just want that bloody thing out of my camp," He spewed and turned to storm in room. 

Aaashi walked between him and door. She had an equal amount of ire written over her face as she glared a fuming Harshad. 

"Step away," He growled and Aashi shuddered a bit. 

"I won't," She said in trembling yet firm tone. 

"She is innocent. Can't you see it?" She asked and his eyes met hers.

  "She and innocent?" He chuckled ridiculing. 

"She belongs to the family which took my everything. Your everything. Ours everything," He said pointing aimlessly. 

"But she hasn't done anything," Aashi retorted quickly. 

"Did she take away your anything?" She asked and he looked away. 

"Did she harm any of us?" She asked. 

"Ask yourself and then speak," She said poking his chest. 

"I can't believe it you are defending an enemy," He said and shook his head.

"And I can't believe it how you are refusing to accept the truth," She retaliated and he glared her.

"Think about it Harshad, why army is after her when she is one of them? Why she is running from them? Why they harmed her? Why she is the one lying in hospital bed?" She asked and he looked a bit taken aback.