Chapter 8

"It's your own fault." I told my sister, who was laying on a white hospital bed, with her leg in a cast.

"I know. I was so drunk that I didn't know what I was doing."

"Yeah, you were. You called me child. I'm nearly nineteen. He called me bubbles. What's that about?"

"I don't know. And I'm sorry if I was mean and rude."

"Don't worry. He was ruder than you and I don't think he was even that drunk. I can't believe you actually brought such a tramp home."

"Was he really that bad? I can't remember what he looked like."

"He was awful! He had piercings and dirty hair and he was just disgusting. I did try to stop you from going in with him, you know."

"I know, mum told me. I'm so sorry I didn't listen. You were just trying to save me..." She began to cry so I went and sat down next to her on the bed.

"It's ok, I forgive you- seriously. You were drunk and you didn't know. What actually happened? How did you get drunk?" I asked.

"Well, I was on my way back from work and I passed The Golden Crown, that pub on the corner of West Street. I decided to pop in to see Annie's mum because she works there but she wasn't in and then this guy brought me a drink and I didn't want it but I was trying not to be rude so I.."

"Drunk it?" I interrupted her. "Why would you do that? You could have said no and..."

"I know." She told me. "I was stupid to do that but anyway, I had this drink and it was really strong with Alcohol and I started to feel a little tipsy and then these guys kept buying me drinks and the more drunk I got, the more I accepted the drinks they were buying until a guy came over to me and said 'take me back to your's and we can have some 'fun'', so I did and then obviously you were there and..." She trailed off, out of breath.

"And...?" I encouraged her.

"And then we went inside and we started to..."

"I don't want to know. But how did you break your leg?"

"Well, I tripped and that's when mum came home. Luckily for me, she must of had some kind of early day."

"No she didn't. I rung her and told her you were in trouble. You would have been stuck with that man if I hadn't told her."

"You did? Wow, I didn't know that. You...you saved my life, did you know that?" I just sat there. She gave me a hug.

"You really are the best sister in the world. You could have left me after I was so rude for you but you didn't! No wonder you have Louis Tomlinson falling for you." I smiled. It was an emotional time and mentioning him them proved too much for me.

"Oh, don't cry! I'm sorry! I won't bring that up again. Anyway, umm..." At that moment my mum walked in, followed by my dad.

"Where does that guy live?" My dad asked angrily. "I can't wait to go over there and show him..."

"Dad! I don't know where he lives. I'm ok now, see! Well, thanks to Zara."

"See what? Your leg in a cast? You know, that could be worse if you didn't have Zara. You should be very grateful." I'd never felt like a hero before. All I'd done was ring my mum. She'd done the main part.

"Umm, mum helped too!" I said, trying to take the hero attention off me.

"Yeah, umm, thanks, mum." Said Jenny. Then the doctor walked in, holding a sheet of paper.

"We have the x-ray results," She began. "Jenny's leg has a break on the shin bone. That's a very painful break, but fortunately Jenny's break isn't as severe as some shin breaks can be. It should take up to six weeks to heal, and you'll be given croutches. No sports, no running, nothing like that. Be very careful. We have painkillers you can take for now, then we'll write a prescription for you to get more." She walked around the bed, put down the paper and smiled.