Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional

Moriah Scott

"Moriah get up please because I don't want to annoy you but we have our first guest over for a brunch in our new home. I think you'll be excited when you see them" Nandy said excitedly as she jumped on the bed like a child. I cuddled into the covers some more as I opened my eyes and stared at the open window and the sun pealing into the bedroom.

"Stop, please stop jumping" I groaned getting a headache and she laughed and jumped on me kissing my cheek as I turned my head feeling suffocated. Her hand brushed the side of my face and I sighed and shut my eyes again.

"Get up, take care of your morning breath and I'll make you a cup of coffee" Nandy offered. I rolled over on my back nearly causing her to fall on the floor. She changed how she was sitting and straddled my lap keeping a pout on her face.

"I'm tired and I don't like company" I stated causing her to continue to look at me. She began rubbing at her eyes and I got this dull and annoyed look on my face. She slowly climbed off of me keeping the sad facial expression as if she was trying to guilt trip me and I continued to stare at her showing it wasn't working.

"I'll make lasagna for dinner because I know it's your favorite" She begged and I blinked causing her to fold her arms. "Fine I'll go next door and have your mom make the lasagna" she mumbled and I smiled and sat up.

Nandy clapped and told me to hurry up as she rushed out of the room. I went into the bathroom and applied toothpaste to my toothbrush before brushing my teeth while releasing my bladder into the toilet.

It must have taken awhile because by the time I got done washing my face Nandy was knocking on the bathroom door. I pulled the door open and she grabbed my arm pulling me out as I flicked the lights off and followed behind her.

"You could put on clothes instead of going down in your pajamas" Nandy nagged and I glanced over my shoulder at her. When she saw my facial expression she sighed and we went down the stairs maneuvering around boxes that needed to be unpacked.

When we got into the dining room I stared at my father and Ajani and Kaine who were sitting at the table. There was a large stack of chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon and a pitcher of orange juice.

There was a boy I'd never seen before that resembled Kaine a bit. He looked up at me as he slowly chewed the pancake in his mouth and sat his fork down.

"Moriah this is Aaron, Kaine's younger brother. He was asking so many questions about you after we told him you love to paint and draw" my father said and I sat down next to Ajani who was cutting up her son's food.

"Did you really paint the picture of my brother? The abstract one that he cherishes a lot?" Aaron questioned and Kaine punched him. Nandy leaned over me and hugged me smiling like a weirdo and everyone stared at her.

"I painted it a long time ago" I said growing tense before pulling the chair out next to me. Nandy sat down in the chair and I stared at her for awhile, silently telling her to calm down.

"I like your home a lot, it's really modern yet classic" Ajani complimented and Nandy thanked her. I looked up at Kaine who was giving me a weird look probably wondering why I'd moved here temporarily.

"Thank you, your home was absolutely beautiful as well. I loved the colors" Nandy said returning the compliment. I turned my attention to Knox who was sipping through a straw of a plastic cup with a lid.