Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves

Kaine Turner

My eyes scanned around the mini family restaurant before they landed on a familiar figure. Moriah sat leaned back in a booth and sipped on coffee while scrolling through his phone not appearing scary at all.

"Can I sit down?" I questioned quietly but he didn't look up or acknowledged me. I watched him sip on his coffee some more before sitting down in the booth with a slight shiver from how cold it was outside.

"I didn't mean to kill Elias. It was an accident Mo you have to understand it and I'm not trying to excuse what I did because he didn't deserve to die. The both of you showed me nothing but kindness and I know how much you loved and cared about him. I'm not even gonna lie right now I'm kinda scared which is why I'm talking so fast but I'm tired of being scared" I said quickly.

"Is that a sniper outside?" Mo questioned ignoring what I said. There was a red dot on his shirt that he didn't seem bothered by nor did he look down or acknowledge it.

"I only brought a sniper because I knew you'd bring one!" I snapped using my phone to see the red dot on my forehead. Moriah looked up at me finally and held eye contact for awhile, his brown eyes showed pain that wasn't visible before.

"Then what are you waiting for? Kill me before I can kill you, don't be a coward" Moriah responded. I looked down ashamed, I couldn't do it and he knew it and in this moment I still felt like that mean and scared teenager he took in not like a man.

"You know you're still weak" he said dryly as he took another sip of his coffee. He was getting under my skin on purpose.

"I don't wanna kill you just like you don't wanna kill me. I wanna move on from this because I do want you in my life, I really do look up to you a lot and you were like a father to me. I realize that you may have been harsh and mean but you were teaching me patience and I learned how to control my anger for the most part and not to show emotion around people who don't deserve it. I don't want to war with you Mo, because I know if it came down to it you'd let me kill you so it wouldn't be fair" I explain looking down at the empty space in front of me.

"Not making eye contact makes you less of a man. I'm not gonna kill you because you'll have to face your on consequences soon and someone else will probably do it. I don't pick on the weak, I just wanted to see how lame you still were" he replied and I smiled and looked up at him.

"That means a lot to me Mo" I said and he looked away from me and stared at a family that entered. His gaze stayed on them for awhile before he looked back at me with an unreadable facial expression.

"Do you have children now Mo? I'm a daddy now, isn't that crazy?" I questioned. He sighed and ate some of the French toast sitting in front of him.

"Kids turn out to be disappointments, or they die" he responded. I looked down for awhile trying to think of what to say.

"Well not my son. I want to spend all the time in the world with him and teach him the right way, when he gets older I'm going to be there and I will never allow my daughter to be treated like shit like they did Jah. My kids won't be drug dealers they'll play sports and go to school" I explain.

"Good" he responded giving his watch a glance. I sat there for awhile knowing he didn't forgive me but he also didn't kill me so where did that leave us?