Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear

Ajani Turner

As I cut up kiwi in the kitchen someone rung the doorbell and I heard Kaine's voice in the foyer as the front door opened. Lifting the knife up I examined how dull the knife had become and I realized I should probably ask Johan to sharpen it or something, the bwoy had been moping on the couch for a week looking like he was lost because he had to sit down due to his injury.

"I think he's in the back with my brother" Kaine said and I looked up at Saint's mother, Lauren who'd entered the kitchen in a tight fitting dress. She laughed all fake as she rubbed up against Kaine on purpose trying to play it off like an accident.

When she saw me she quickly straightened up probably assuming I wasn't home. I tilted the knife in my hand and looked her over and she remained standing in the doorway like she didn't want to take any chances coming closer.

Kaine caught on to the tension and moved towards the back door opening it up. The sound of teen laughter and rap music made it obvious that Aaron and his friends were out back enjoying themselves before the weather started to get cold again.

"Kaine is very handsome and you both made some beautiful kids. I think it's been a long time since I've dealt with a drug dealer let alone someone like him. I might have to try it again, they have the best dick" She laughed covering her mouth and I laughed along with her before abruptly stopping.

"I know right, it's been a long week since I've cut a bitch. I might have to do it again sometime" I smiled and she stopped laughing and pushed her hair behind her ear. Kaine eventually returned back inside as I continued to hold a knife in one hand and eat a piece of kiwi.

"Baby, maybe you should put the knife down" Kaine said slowly and I stared at him for awhile before running my tongue across the side of the knife tasting the juice that lingered. I slowly placed it in the sink as Saint poked his head through the door wondering what his mother wanted.

"Ma, I wanna stay the rest of the weekend. We aren't doing anything and we live next door" Saint stressed and Lauren tucked her hair behind her ear again before trying to hide the annoyance in her voice.

"No honey, did you forget about that thing we're going to? It's a long drive and we need to get going" Lauren lied and Saint grew a look of confusion as he folded his arms.

"What are you talking about? Why can't I just stay here?" Saint questioned again and she glared at him for awhile before she forced another smile.

"Be home tomorrow morning or I'll send your grandmother over here" She said through gritted teeth before turning to look at my husband. "Bye Kaine" she said rubbing his chest as she went passed and Kaine stared at me the entire time.

"My moms a whore and she'll probably try and sleep with you. She's broken up three marriages in this neighborhood. It's kinda sad" Saint said once he heard the front door open and close. I glanced at Kaine who laughed off what he said.

When Saint went back outside and shut the door Kaine leaned on the island across from me and I fed him a kiwi. I watched him chew slowly taking in how his facial hair had grown in some and the way he'd grown more muscular from lifting weights.

"Women and girls loose their mind over you. If only they knew how annoying you were" I teased as he leaned over the counter and kissed my lips. Someone cleared their throat aggressively and I glanced at Johan who was staring at us and holding a bell.