Chapter 1

Hello and welcome to Angels and Demons, by yours truly! If you see any writing in the font it is now, (bold and italicized) it means it's an A/N (authors note).I was inspired when I read an angel and demon story called Solangelo Fairy Tale, by Storm1001 who's an amazing writer! Anyway, I put my own twist on things, so please read and comment! (I also wrote it, at like, 12 at night, so I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes). Please do not take any of my ideas without my direct agreement! I will be very pissed-er annoyed if I do. Thanks, and enjoy! (Also, I have no idea where I'm going with this. . . .)

Will grinned at Lou Ellen, his eyebrows raised in question. "Pleeeaaase?" He pouted, the sly smirk lurking behind his lips.
"Nope." Lou Ellen said, turning her back to him, her black wings brushing the ground.
"Why not?" Will whined.
"You know exactly why! Because last time we did it, you got us grounded!" Lou said, rolling her eyes at Will's over dramatic hurt expression. "If you want to go again, you can go by yourself." With that, Lou Ellen marched out of Will's bedroom, down the stairs, and out the front door. She shook her wings out, before opening them, the black feathers seeming to shimmer in the little light there was, in the demon Kingdom.
Will huffed, watching his best friend, (aside from Cecil), take off, her large black wings flapping as she ascended. Will sighed, grumbling to himself. "Fine. Whatever. I'll just cause chaos another time." He marched outside, closing the door behind him, before stretching his own midnight black wings, and taking off, flying aimlessly, with no exact location in mind.

Meanwhile

Nico growled, kicking the rock in front of him as hard as he could, anger rolling off of him in waves, which caused plants within a 10 foot radius around him to bloom. Yes, bloom. This only made Nico more pissed off, and he yelled in anger, resulting in everything within 5 miles to explode with color, scaring the birds that had been resting on the trees. Nico only scowled, marching towards the woods, and into a clearing with a pond.
He sat, his black hair blowing gently in the wind, the white feathers of his angel wings fluttering. There was a ruffling of feathers, and a quiet thump next to him. Nico turned, and shot to his feet, because in front of him, was none other than Will Solace.
Will's black wings gently folded behind him, his mischievous twinkle in his eyes, and sly smirk belonging to those of a demon. But his blonde hair, clear blue eyes, tan skin, light blue jeans and bold yellow shirt, said anything but evil, and Will was studying to be a doctor. Demon's needed medical care too, even though, they enjoy killing and violence. Nico on the other hand looked the part of demon, all except for his wings. Nico wore ripped black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt with white lettering that said 'I'm fluent in sarcasm' and beat up black Converse. He had black (fake) gauges, and his shiny black lip ring said danger and bad-ass. His skin was pale, and his black hair darker than any demon wing. His eyes a dark and swirling brown, that looks black on first glance. His curling permanent scowl, which every now and again became a snicker or smirk, screamed anger. But it was his wings, his huge, furling delicate white wings that told what he really was. An outcast. Born from one of the most powerful demon families and Nico, was an angel.

The two boys just looked at each other, Will's expression almost shocked as he realized who was in front of him. He'd changed. The last time Will saw Nico Di Angelo, was two years ago. When they were 16. When Nico's wings changed colors.

Nico and Will used to be inseparable. The boys did everything together. But the year Nico turned 16, his feathers began to change. A feather or two would fall out here or there and when the next one grew in, it was an innocent white. Finally, on Nico's 16th birthday, both his wings were completely white, and he was no longer demon, but angel. On demon's and angel's 16th birthday, the color their wings are is what the angel/demon is. In Nico's case, his wings turned white. Will was a year older, and his wings had stayed black. Everyone expected Nico to be a demon, he was, after all, the most demonic out of all the people in his friend group. Nico's father was furious, and refused to have anything to do with him. Nico's mother, before he changed (when she was alive) and two sisters, who were all demons, had told him to be proud of who he was.
But there was no one to tell him that now. His mother, and one sister were dead, and he'd pushed everyone that cared about him away. Including Will. Especially Will. Because, Nico had a crush on Will, and seeing him now, tan, muscular, hot, renewed Nico's feeling, and his stomach twisted. But what Nico didn't know, was Will had loved Nico back. Still loves Nico, Will's feelings returning full force, from where they'd never gone away, but had settled down, seeing Nico from distances only, as he had shied away from people all together.

"Will." Nico breathed, looking at his old High Top Converse, trying to avoid the very attractive boy, no, man standing in front of him.
"Nico," Will manages, taking the chance to stare at Nico, as Nico was avoiding eye contact. And dang, did Will like what he saw. Nico's wings fluttered nervously, his teeth playing with his lip ring. Will swallowed, eyes frozen to the sight of Nico's tongue, helping to turn the metal circle in his pale lip. Will smirked, but then it faded, as he remembered the distant their friendship had become.
Nico shifted his weight, uncomfortable under Will's gaze. Suddenly, Nico was surrounded by warmth. Will had swooped forwards, arms wrapped around Nico's small frame, the huge black wings enclosing the two, bringing a comfortable warmth, wrapping around Nico, bringing him closer. Nico let out a surprised gasp, but could not escape, nor did he try to. Nico relaxed in Will's arms, the blonde resting his cheek on Nico's head, the height difference obvious.
Nico gently pulled away after a few minutes, when he realized what just happened. He flushed, the red coloring crawling up his neck, and to the tips of his ears, before making it's way onto his pale cheeks. Will chuckled, not fazed at all. Will rarely got embarrassed, and Nico used to try his hardest to even get even the slightest blush from Will. Nico closed his eyes, before stepping fully away from Will, stuttering an apology, and lifting off the ground, wings beating, and flying as fast as he could home, ignoring Will's shouts of protest.

Once home, he locked the door to his bedroom, and punched the wall, ignoring the burst of pain. "How could I let my guard down?" The raven haired boy muttered, as he paced the room, holding his injured hand in his unharmed one.
"Stupid, stupid, STUPID!" He kicked at the wall, not even caring about the dull throbbing of his foot. Nico continued to pace, gingerly avoiding the shattered glass of his mirrors, that he's broken 2 years ago, today. It was Nico 18th birthday, and every year, his anger built up more and more, until he let it go. And that's exactly what he did.

It started with his screams. The anguish, and pain. Than his hands balled into fists at his sides, head tilted up, eyes closed. Than he began to tremble, all his bottled up emotions exploding out at once. The pain, the suffering, the loneliness, the everything. Nico's wings flickered, the feathers slipping through the gradient of grey to black, before Nico ran out of breath, and his wings were their stainless white, once again. Had Nico not smashed all his mirrors, he might have known he wasn't pure angel. But the mirrors were broken, and there was no one to witness. So Nico was left there, crumpled on the floor, wings splayed around him, sobbing, with no idea how much power he had.