“Jared!” Luna exclaimed, well aware that he was teasing her for fun.

                “Sorry,” Jared said with a grin. “I couldn’t resist. I made it, with Mitchell’s and Tamarak’s help.”

                “What is it?” Luna asked, although she could already tell.

                Jared rolled his eyes. “As if you don’t already know!” he said, laughing. “We made a cloak that can camouflage the wearer. It isn’t perfect for it isn’t true invisibility, but it will give a good cover, at least at a distance.”

                Luna smiled. “I was being polite,” she retorted. “And you’re giving it to me?”

                Jared nodded. “All the others have help and, if Raven takes Tamarak’s form, both quest groups will have invisibility. You need all the help you can get.”

                “Yes, you’re right, Jared,” Luna said, softly. “How did you make it?”

                “I looked at Tamarak’s blood samples,” Jared replied. “All our powers are in our DNA. I extracted the powers from the samples and figured out how to create a potion for camouflaging.”

                “But Tamarak turns invisible!” Luna said.

                “Yeah,” Jared agreed. “My potion enables the person to turn invisible, but when I apply it to cloth, it becomes less strong. I don’t know why. Mitchell made the cloak that can hold the power of my potion. It took a while, let me tell you!”

                Luna smiled. “Thanks,” she said gratefully.

                “One other thing,” Jared said, handing her the cloak. “It’s reversible. The silver side works as camouflage. The other side, the black one, preserves your body heat. I don’t know whether I’ll be able to make another one soon so look after it well. It’ll be invaluable.”

                “Thank you,” Luna repeated, knowing full well the enormity of the gift that he had given her.

                Jared nodded. “I’ll leave you to your packing then,” he said and exited the room silently.

                Luna turned the cloak over in her hands. It was, in fact, silver and almost transparent on one side. Even though she knew that the other side was black, she could see through the material, almost as if the camouflage was working. The other side was black, seeming to suck all the light in the room into it; it did indeed look like it was for warmth.

                Gratitude welled up in her chest as she swung the cloak, with the silver side out, over her shoulders. Glancing down, she smiled as she realized that she could not see herself; she was indeed invisible. But not quite; she noticed her vague outline still visible.

                Pulling the cloak off again, she dropped it onto her bed and continued to slide the vials of potions into the holders inside her silver jacket. All these defences would aid her to get to San Francisco; they were help that Luna desperately needed.

               Dahlia slipped outside onto the balcony which was opposite the Fountain of Purity that the Magicians of Water used most of the time for their magic or scrying. She hadn’t gone back to the barracks to pack for she knew that Luna would be there.

                 Not yet.

                She wanted time to think.