Chapter 2

Sorry for the long wait for this chapter, but I hope you like it all the same. :) I was really busy at school, but now is the holidays, so I hope I can update faster. :) Please comment and vote so I can dedicate the chapters to my loyal readers whom I don't know about. :P Picture of Kayla on the side. :)

Chapter 2

                The others flinched, realizing almost immediately the obvious differences between Luna and themselves. No one else would have been as selfless in such an offer of finding out what they really were, not even Arulan or Rachel.

                Luna took a deep breath, steeling herself to tell them the torturous vision which she had seen when she felt Cedric’s comforting hand on her own under the table. She gave him a quick smile; she did not like him in any romantic way, just like a brother that she had never had.

                “What was it about?” Arulan asked calmly, leaning across the long table.

                “It was about Troy, Dahlia and Hunter,” she said and then, seeing that the others looked a little confused, elaborated. “I saw them with the other magician that they’ve been tailing. All of them were dead.”

                She felt a twinge of guilt when she saw the shocked and horrified looks on the others’ faces. Perhaps she could have been more tactful, but she had thought that being as blunt as possible would lead them to realize that she hadn’t been joking.

                Rachel, Dahlia’s mother, took a sharp intake of breath before casting a glance at Luna as if hoping that it might have been a false prediction.

                “When did you see it?” Arulan asked in a very calm voice; trying to project an aura of peace.

                “Just now,” Luna said, before she realized what he meant.

                Arulan shook his head. “I meant when did the vision occur, in which future?”

                Luna shrugged. “I couldn’t tell for sure. But it will happen soon if we don’t try to do something. We can’t risk it.”

                “Of course we can’t,” Rachel said, grimly. “We have to help them in some way!”

                “By keeping our heads,” Mitchell, the Magician of Earth teacher, said. “Was this just one branch or did it happen in all the versions of the future?”

                Luna glanced at Rachel who was wearing a hopeful expression, then at the others, most of whom were looking anxious.

                “I’m not sure,” she admitted. “But it will happen soon if we don’t try to do something.”

                Kayla pursed her lips. “What can we do to help them? Do you even know where they are?”

                Luna groaned inwardly. Kayla was acting like she always did, pessimistic and frustrating. But in actuality, Luna did not know, and telling the truth was always the best.

                “No...” she began, wishing she knew a better way of telling them. “Well... no.”

                Kayla threw up her hands in frustration and several of the others around the table like Cedric and Tristan also looked a little annoyed.

                “So how are we going to help them? Can you see a way for us to help?”

                Luna grinned suddenly, foreseeing Sapphire’s response to Kayla’s question. Sapphire winked at her, a mischievous twinkle in her blue eyes.