Chapter 19

So, I felt kind of guilty that I have school now and I can't update as frequently, so I decided to update a longer chapter. :) I hope you like it and please vote and comment for it! I'm still dedicating the chapters to my loyal readers so please identify yourselves to me by voting and commenting. :) Picture of Troy, Kayla and Benjamin on the side. :)

Chapter 19

                “Uh oh,” Dahlia said.

                The five members of the guard blocked the road in front of them. Each of them was dressed for battle, either with their staffs out or weapons in their hands.

                Benjamin stood to the right of the group. He held his staff like Luna’s in his right hand and his other was empty, ready for him to use his telekinetic powers. His brown hair had grown out in six months that they hadn’t seen him and now it touched his shoulders.

                Tia stood next to him, wearing her usual black muscle shirt which showed off the muscles in her arms. Two swords were slung over her back in their scabbards. Black bands around her wrists secured knives to her skin. At her belt, a nunchaku which was two pieces of polished wood connected by a heavy chain, was shoved in its holster. She played with a shruikan in her hand.

                Ellie stood in the centre of the group with her spear in hand. Despite the fact that she was as old as time, she still looked beautiful and immortal; she would be forever eighteen. Her long caramel-coloured hair was held back from her face in an intricate braid. She was dressed in blue jeans and a bright-red blouse that showed her allegiance to Varmer. She clenched her spear in her right hand.

                On Ellie’s other side was Zara, Tia’s sister. Zara had black hair like her sister, Tia, except that her hair was long and Tia’s was cropped short. Zara wore electric blue jeans and a black and red tank top. Her sword, marking her as a Magician of Fire, hung at her hip. She held her staff in her right hand with her other hand held out, ready to shoot electricity at anyone.

                The last member of the guard was Leonardo, who stood on Zara’s other side. Leo had brown hair that was a much darker shade than Benjamin’s. It had used to reach his shoulders, but now he had cut it all off. A dagger was belted at his waist and he carried his staff; Leo was a Magician of Water.

                Never before had Dahlia seen any of the members of the guard wearing modern day clothes. She had only ever seen Ellie and Zara wearing dresses that showed off their beautiful figures. Usually they all wore old-fashioned clothing, but today they all wore modern clothing.

                “Great,” Tamarak muttered.

                “GET THEM!” Tia roared in anger.

                In response, Zara hurled a bolt of electricity at the car. That was her gift; she could summon and control electricity.

                “Get out!” Hunter bellowed, reaching for Raven in the front seat.

                Both Dahlia and Tamarak knew that Hunter could not get both Raven and himself out of the car in time. Simultaneously, they shoved open their car doors and managed to spring away from the car at the same time as the bolt of electricity hit the car.

                Dahlia landed heavily on her hip, sliding in the ice and snow. With a grunt, she rolled out of the way as another bolt of electricity hit the snow where she had been a second before. Whirling around, she sprang to her feet, keeping her body tense and coiled to spring.