Sadie knew hysterics would get her nowhere; she needed to be tactful about this. Balthazar was not a male to put up with outright ordering about. She would need to talk him back into his right mind; Lord knew where he was headed and what he had planned for her. She knew he would never hurt her, not in a million years. But he didn't think like the average human and didn't understand things she found abnormal. Her family would lose their minds if she suddenly vanished.

"Balthazar, put me down," Sadie tried her best to retain some semblance of dignity. "You're behaving like a mad man."

"Make me," he growled in response, his chest rumbling beneath her.

"You can't just carry me off like this, my family will worry." She reasoned desperately.

"Not my issue."

Her mouth dropped open as outrage flooded her, "You listen here mister," she poked his back indignantly; "My family is your issue if you want to have any sort of relationship with me!"

"They are taken care of." He huffed.

Abruptly lifted from his shoulder and shoved onto a car seat; Sadie let out a surprised shriek. Balthazar methodically strapped her in, slammed the door and rushed to his side. Sliding into the seat in record time, he floored the car. She gripped the door handle in fright, what had taken over him?

"Balth-Balthazar?" Sadie was steadily growing more frightened with each passing moment, he was acting irrational. The dark camouflaged everything; she had no idea where they were headed.

He merely grunted in response and gained speed, Sadie could feel her heart lodge itself in her throat, threatening to jump out at the slightest provocation. A pregnant silence reigned over the car; Sadie was honestly beginning to fear for her life. Time seemed to come to a standstill, each moment began to seem like an eternity. Minutes later, a familiar rough driveway came into view; they were back at his cottage. Balthazar parked the vehicle haphazardly before jumping out and practically flying to her side. He once more slung her over his shoulder, and trudged up the drive to his home. Sadie desperately wriggled in his hold as she tried to get free. Tears poured down her cheeks as terror sunk its claws into her heart.

"I told you to bring her to your house," Sadie nearly crumpled in relief as the snarky voice reached her ears, "Not scar her for life."

Balthazar snarled at his friend in response, "You go and keep watch there."

He stopped and set Sadie down, slipping an arm about her waist as he held her captive against him. Sadie peered out at Blue beseechingly, the accursed female merely shrugged in response. "As you command," Blue snorted before she ambled off to the jeep, pulling away from the cottage and driving down the road.

Sadie jumped as she felt a hand cup her cheek, thumb sliding over her tear stained skin. Looking up, she locked eyes with the crazed male who had carried her here. He looked guilty and regretful as he stared at the tears pooled in her eyes. "I did not mean to scare you, little one."

"I- I wasn't scared." Sadie blatantly lied. She didn't like the defeated look in his eyes. Subconsciously, she had been aware that there was no imminent danger from him, but her imagination had run wild and gotten the better of her.

"You shouldn't lie so boldly, little one," He chuckled as he guided her into the warmth of the house. "I was acting like a dick, and I apologize." Leading her to the living area, he seated himself in the chair closest to the fire before pulling her down into his lap. Sadie let out a relieved sigh as she was enveloped within his warmth. "I wasn't in the right state of mind after so long a separation from you." He sighed as he twined a lock of her hair around his finger.