Chapter 15. Cold huddles and parshly warm cuddles

Alphys' POV

I leaned in front of the door, shivering. Despite it being summer, the town of Waterfall wasn't exactly known for hot weather. As mentioned earlier, it's known for almost daily rain. I decided to look around one last time, she was seriously making me panic. So I started walking once again. Light rain started pattering down onto the sidewalks, plus onto my exposed skin. The sidewalks where empty, either the townsfolk were too lazy to get up at 9 o'clock in the morning, or they just knew a storm was coming and decided they shouldn't go out. Heck, it could be both. I walked past a lake, then a pond, then a lake, yet another lake and a pond again. The sight of water never ends in this town. I saw a glimpse of red on my left and turned to the sight. A tall female with long red hair, that was now wet. She was running the direction to her house. I quickly ran after her, I'm not a fan of running, so I was mostly shouting her name and shuffle-jogging. She stopped and looked at me, quite surprised.

"Alphys?!-" She cried. "What're you doing out here?-"
"I-I went to g-go look for you!- You weren't there and I kept waiting but y-you never c-c-came-!"
"Didn't you get my note?-"
"N-Note?"
"The bright yellow paper-"
I mentally face palmed.
"Doesn't matter though Al. Come on, let's get home before the real storm starts!" I nodded not really wanting to know what the "real" storm was. Undyne's shivering concerned me more than my own. "A-Are you c-cold?-" She nodded a bit and shrugged. "A bit" With no warning, she wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer, and started to lead me to the house. My face felt hot, it probably looked crimson red. Undyne didn't seem to notice, she was busy leading us back to her house. Eventually, we got there and she opened the door with a lot of force. That's weird.. Wasn't it locked when I tried to open it? Anyhow, we got in. By then we were pretty soaked in rainwater.
"Ah jeez Al- I'm sorry about that crap-"
"I-It's okay U-U-Undyne--!"
She smiled at me and went to a closet, shuffled around a bit and through a towel at me. "O-Oh thanks-" I went to the bathroom and undressed myself, so I could get all the wet spots. (I DIDNT MEAN FOR IT TO SOUND SO DIRTY IM SORRY) After I was done, I set the towel down and walked out of the bathroom all dressed and everything. Undyne was shifting around in the closet again so I sat and waited for her. She eventually came out of the closet (Hahaha gay jokes) with a blanket and flopped down on the couch, right next to me.

"I didn't expect it to be this cold- Normally the weather's fine.."
"O-Oh well- S-Snowdin's west from here, r-right? So s-since a cold weathered town is close to waterfall, Uhm, th-the eastern w-wind must've p-pushed the cold weather over to here- I-It's a simple temporary ch-change in wind direction causing the n-normal warmth of waterfall to chill up a b-bit from Snowdin-"
Undyne paused a bit to process what I had just told her. I hope I didn't overwhelm her with my nerdy-
"Ohhhh that makes tons of sense! That's actually pretty cool."
"R-R-Really-???"
"Duh!" She patted (well it felt more like a slap) my shoulder. "Can always count on the great genius Alphys to get me out of a pickle with- uh- wind and stuff-" I blushed at the compliment and snickered a bit at her. She shrugged and wrapped the blanket she had gotten earlier around her. Looking at her, I also started to get cold. I hugged my knees hoping that it would help, but no such thing happened. "Are you cold?" Undyne asked me. "U-Uhm yea- a little-" Undyne looked at the blanket wrapped around herself then back at me. "Well I would getcha another blanket but I think this would work better." She wrapped her impressively muscular arms around me, making me stiffen up and turning my face into a tomato. The blanket now embraced us both in a warm atmosphere. Or maybe it just felt like that to me because of my steaming face. Either way, it's what it felt like to me.

I felt myself start to slowly drift away in her arms. I attempted to stop myself but to no avail. I fell asleep.

The sounds around me were all hard to hear. Yet again the feeling of not being able to breathe overcame me. I thrashed around, my leg was caught on something. A muffled splash is what I heard next. Everything went dark afterwards.

((A/N: Yes hello I am alive congrats to me! Sorry for disappearing agaaaaiin~ Y'know, school happens.
(That's bullshit I'm just lazy)
But hey I got a chapter up so shhhhhh.
Plus, I hope you like the new cover!
And now, question of the day.
"Which Undertale character would you totally date?"
I'd definitely go for Goat Daddy. SMOOCHES TO THAT PRECIOUS BEAST~
Mkay Byeeee~!))