The New Girl (Shugo Chara) - Chapter 1 - First Day of School

Chapter 1 - First Day of School

          In her bedroom, Crystal was in her bed sleeping peacefully, until her alarm clock rang. Crystal groaned and threw her hand onto the snooze button. "Crystal. It's time to go to school," her mom said. Crystal turned around and planted her face on her pillow. "5 more minutes," she replied. Her mom walked up to her and pulled the blanket off of her. "Come on. It's your first day of school," her mom said. Crystal removed her face from the pillow and left her bed with a tired look on her face.

          "Your breakfast will be waiting for you," her mom said with a smile. Crystal sighed and said, "I don't want to go." "What are you saying?", a little voice said. Crystal looked at her eggs. One popped out from its yellow, green, and blue egg. It was Lily. "It will be nice to meet new people!" "I know." "Then why are you feeling so bad?", another voice said. Another popped out from its puple and pink egg. It was Mimi. "I'm just...nervous." "You don't have to be nervous," another voice said. The last one popped out from its yellow, orange, and white egg. It was Nikki. " You will be fine. You are perfect, just the way you are," Nikki said with a smile. Crystal smiled back, "You're right. Alright, time to get ready!"

          When Crystal arrived at Comet High, her face was full of amazement. The school was huge and the entrance was filled with beautiful flowers and plants. "Wow," she said. She continued to walk, but then she ran into a girl that looked like a "Guardian". "I-I'm sorry," Crystal said. "It's alright. You must be a new student. My name is Amu Hinamori. Nice to meet you!", she said. "My name is Crystal Kazumi. Nice to meet you too!", Crystal replied. "Do you need any help? I can give you quick tour," Amu asked. Crystal said, "Sure!"

          Amu showed where the cafeteria was, the bathrooms, the classrooms, the gym, library, and the auditorium. Once the tour was finished, Crystal said," Thank you for the tour. Now I know where to go." "No problem," Amu said with a smile. Suddenly, two boys and a girl walked towards them. "Hi Amu-chan!", one of the boys said. "Who's this?" "This is Crystal Kazumi. She is a new student," Amu informed. "Oh hello. My name is Tadase Hotori and next to me are Nagihiko Fujisaki and Rima Mashiro." Nagihiko and Rima said, "Hi! Nice to meet you!" "Nice to meet you too," Crystal said with a smile. "Oh Crystal! Would you like to join us at lunch?", Amu asked. Crystal replied, "I'd love too!" "Great! We'll see you later!", Amu said. "Bye!" Crystal waved as the Guardians walked away.

          Hours later, Crystal saw everyone sitting at a table. She walked to the table and sat down. Once she sat down, she looked at everyone. She was surprised to see that everyone had a Shugo Chara like her. Tadase asked Crystal, "Are you okay?" "I-I'm fine. Um..you..you have a Shugo Charas too?" "You can see them?!", Amu said with surprise. "I have some of my own," Crystal said. Her Shugo Charas flew out of her school bag. Everyone was surprised. "Plese meet Lily, Mimi, and Nikki." "Nice to meet you," the three of them said. All of the Shugo Charas flew to them, "Nice to meet you too." "Your Shugo Charas are so cute," Amu said. "Thank you," Crystal replied.

          "How did you give birth to them?", Nagihiko asked. "Well, it started when I was five. My chorus class was going to give a performance and my teacher assigned me to do the solo part of a certain song we were singing. I was so nervous that I almost wanted to give up. That's when Mimi was born. When I was 10, my parents wanted me to keep an eye on the plants growing in our garden. Sometimes I would forget to water them and then I would get in trouble. I started to loose my focus and confidence. That's when Lily and Nikki were born. When I started to loose hope, they came to my rescue," Crystal said. Everyone smiled at her and she smiled back.

          After school, everyone went home. Tadase went back to Seiyo Academy to talk to the Headmaster. In his office, the Headmaster heard a knock on the door. "Come in," he said. Tadase walked inside. "What brings you here Tadase?" "I came to ask you a question. Is it possible for another person to have three eggs just like Amu did?", Tadase asked. The Headmaster had a little smile on his face. "According to the legend, another person who has three eggs, has more power than the one who currently holds the Humpty Lock. The person with more power will receive a Humpty Lock once he/she realizes that they are special." "So, the person will have more power than Amu?" "Yes." "Alright, thank you. Bye!", Tadase said leaving the room. The Headmaster picked up a card from his table, "The 10 of hearts has appeared. A new story is about to begin."