Chapter 19 - Missing Friends.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long on this one. School ;P

Hope you enjoy!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Missing Friends.

"Pikachu!" Ash screamed, as he reached towards his Pokemon, who was getting dragged away by a mechanical arm. The electric mouse Pokemon reached out towards his beloved trainer, but what already too far away.

"Hah! We got you!" Jessie said, as she grabbed Pikachu and put him in the classic glass bowl.

"Pika!" Pikachu hit the sides of the glass sphere, hoping to knock it over, but Jessie had too good of a grip on it. Jessie nodded at James, who started up their balloon, and took off.

"Pikachu!!" Ash screamed, reaching over the edge of the cruise ship. Ash went up to get lunch, leaving Serena in the cabin, but after he reached the deck, Team Rocket jumped out of their fake costumes and into their original outfits. Of course they did their boring old motto, with some twists and turns in the lyrics, but overall, was very similar.

Ash felt like he couldn't breath. His partner was gone, they actually succeeded capturing him. Team Rocket has never gotten that far in capturing him. They planned it out so well... jumping out on him, and instantly taking the helpless Pokemon. Jessie and James didn't waste a second of time, each of them had a task, one to distract, and another to capture.

Ash slammed his clenched fist into the metal railing, and grinded his teeth. "Talonflame! Find Team Rocket and Pikachu!" He threw the Pokeball as far as he could off the edge of the cruise ship, in the direction of the escaping grunts.

"Flammeeee!" The massive falcon called out, and shot forward, darting towards Team Rocket.

Ash waited there, furious, unable to do anything. Pikachu... Everybody around Ash was staring, wondering what he was doing. No one even tried to help.

It seemed like hours before Ash saw a speck in the sky above him. Talonflame. The massive bird lowered, and it's face was covered in ink. Inkay... "What happened Talonflame?" Ash said, as his Pokemon landed on the railing in front of him. Ash brought out an old rag that was in his pocket, and wiped the falcon's eyes.

"Talon...flame.." Talonflame sighed, and tried to show what happened with his wings, but it really didn't make sense.

"Alright, you did great. Thank you Talonflame." Ash recalled his Pokemon, and leaned his head on the silver railing. "What am I going to do?" What can I do? We already lost them.. I wish Clement was here.. He would know what to do.. Maybe they will come back? Somehow, they always do. Pikachu isn't his normal self without me, well, from what I know.

Back when Ash went out in the forest alone, and the group tried to find him, Pikachu got separated and ran into Team Rocket. Pikachu was 'weak' apparently. He wasn't as strong as the Pikachu he was now. Something was going on in his head that made him lose power that day. Whatever it was, Ash knew it would happen again if they were separated. Maybe, just maybe, they will come back..

Ash sat there for hours, waiting for Team Rocket and Pikachu. False hope.. That is all i'm getting from this.. The trainer sat up from the railing, and stared at the blank ocean. After a few seconds of staring, he slowly turned around, and headed back towards his cabin. He felt bad for giving up, but what else could he do? He would get lost out there in the ocean, and Noivern isn't strong enough to fly far yet. Ash's Talonflame is too small for him, even if he is a very good flier.

Ash followed the route to get to his cabin, by heading down the stairs, into an elevator, and through the lower hallways, into their room. He slowly opened the door, and took a step inside, before Serena tackled him in a hug.