1- Waking Up

Your head felt fuzzy from the light that was perceived as reddish orange to your eyes because of how it seeped through your eyelids. You slowly opened them, making sure your eyelashes blocked some light until you were ready to see brightness of whatever room you're in. As you opened your eyes more, you only saw white on the ceiling. 

A hospital room, perhaps? Someone probably broke into your room and found you laying with that bottle that was now empty without its pills. A stomach full just didn't work? What was it that made you reach your breaking point again? "Wait.. what happened before that, too?" You thought aloud. You realized that you can't remember... anything! At all! You remember being taught English and arithmetic lessons, but.. who taught you? Where did you learn everything? You couldn't even remember if you had a family or not. How odd.. You decide to look around the room some, but that's when your eyes were rapidly growing a pain unlike any other. You couldn't see anything.. Everything looked blurry, it was worse than opening your eyes underwater without goggles. The pain built up quickly, and it was too much for you to handle. Even closing your eyes and blocking all light with your hands wasn't enough. You began to groan in pain. 

Then, the pain stopped. It was so sudden, and you sighed in relief. All the energy you had was drained from experiencing that. You drifted off to sleep for a few minutes before you felt something moving your shoulders into a fast swaying yet gentle motion. You opened your eyes with ease this time, but everything was still blurry. Everything lost shape, and colors blended thoroughly.

The first color you notice was red. Not a dark red, but it wasn't Christmas red bright. It was a little brighter and pinker than crimson. It was in a giant blotch together, except for lime green dots in the center.

It began to speak, "Ah, so you're awake.. And you already have your grim reaper eyes! I must have been out of my office when you woke up the first time, then." The blob was handing out something towards you. You figured it was trying to shake your hand, so you obliged with your hand, but everything was so hard to see that you touch soft, red hair.

Before you apologized, it gasped. "Oh, that's right. Sorry, dearie." A thin and black object was getting closer to you. It touched the bridge of your nose, and the lens within its cold, metallic frames gave you sight. You blinked at this gorgeous being that had placed those glasses on you. The blob transformed into a man with long locks of red hair, lime green eyes that stood out because of his curly eyelashes, small, thin, innocent looking eyebrows, and a most peculiar grin laid on his perfect ceramic doll skin. He had the teeth of a shark or wolf.

"Thank you, doctor." You kindly thanked him. He looked confused for a second, but fixed his mouth back into a smile. "Goodness, you think that- Sorry, but your suicide wasn't just an attempt. I'm afraid it somewhat worked."

"What do you mean?" Your head was built up with questions now. If you aren't in the hospital, then where are you? How do you somewhat commit suicide? What was it again he said about your eyes?

"Relax, dearie." You took a deep breath. After evidently showing you're ready for an explanation, he begins, "When you commit suicide, you're punished by reviving and having to witness thousands die. You witness them because you become a grim reaper. Does everything make sense?" Surely that was easy enough to comprehend, but no where in the world would that ever be near believable. You gawked at him, trying to find words. "Here, follow me. I think it's better to see it for yourself."
He walked in and out of an office with a file. He opened the file to show you a page with information about a middle aged woman.

"What's that about?" you questioned.

"You'll see." He replied playfully.

This ginger took you to the balcony of the building you woke up in, and leaped onto the adjacent building. He turned to you once he had landed, and beckoned you. Without thinking whether you could die or not, you did exactly as he had done. You were astonished with the abilities reapers have. After more traveling, he jumped down from apartment building and peeked at a kitchen window. Abigail White, a middle aged woman, married to Gerald White who was stumbling in the living room. She fit the description of the file that the man showed. She was staring at the boiling pot of water quite longingly; the bruises forcefully placed on her arms reflected different hues of her sorrow, and her cheeks were a little shiny from fresh tears. The redheaded man opened the window.