"Mom, we have to go." I hissed at her.

"Why sweetie?" She said, throwing in strawberries into the cart like some Disney princess. I don't think she even really liked strawberries, she just wanted to dance and pretend that everything was rainbows and sunshine. It was okay though because I ate them.

"Woman, will you lower your voice?" My voice came out once again as a harsh whisper.

"There's a guy from my school and we need to get out of here." I felt a cold chill run down my spine as I felt the familiar eyes on me.

My mom was taking too long to respond so I did what any socially awkward girl would do in that situation. I grasped my mother's silky sleeve into my hand and dragged her with her shopping cart. Though they were a little heavy, I managed to drag them to an isle full of baby food. There was no reason for them to be in that isle.

J something didn't seem like the type of guy to have anything to do with a baby.

"Game plan here mom." There was a chilly sweat on my forehead out of nervousness. Mom was also nervous looking. Her eyes bulged out while her mouth was wide open. "We need one."

"For what? Is there a monster here or something?"

"Actually.." I paused while looking at the tiled floor. "Yes." My eyes met with my mom's eyes once more before balling my fist into a ball. Though I only had one rough housing session with the punching bag, I was ready to fight if I had to.

It's not like J something had done something bad to me. He had done nothing except for noticing me that one time he smiled at me. Ever since I had been paranoid that his popular ass would somehow make me suffer. Okay, overreacting was one of my things, people have their own things like they laugh a lot or they cry, I overreact. But it was smart and it made sure that nothing bad would happen.

J something wasn't going to fuck up the school year for me.

"We can't just leave, Flora." Mom just had to say. It wasn't like I was going to force her to ditch the cart and make her speed off into the distance. That was crazy, I still had more food I had to get.

"We're going to be careful, low-key and keep away from anyone who looks like an asshole, okay?" Mom stood up straight and saluted before leaning over her cart and began to push it to the dairy isle.

My head went from side to side, scanning the yogurt area. So far, it was clear except for a granny who had knitting needles holding up her little white wispy bun on top of her head. She didn't look like the guy that I am positive that his name starts with J in the slightest. I was still cautious while walking up to the yogurt. While J-man was not there, there were other people.

I felt their weight of their eyes when I went up to get the lowest in fat yogurt. The weight was the worst feeling I had ever felt, and will always be. Something about thinking about how they were staring at me, looking at me, judging me, made my skin crawl. I turned back, holding my breath as I weaved through the people. Though I was expecting them to be looking at me with their nose crinkled, their eyes were actually concentrating on something else.

"Okay, I think that's it." I whispered to my mom while walking past more isles of the store.

"Wait." She stopped abruptly, nearly taking me out and making my ass fall to the ground.

"What?" I whined. If she thought she was going to go to the clothes section to get a shirt, I was going to kick her ass.

"We have to get water." She flung the cart around, once again, almost taking me out. My body moved with the cart and down the drink section of the store.