Overwhelming.

I couldn't function. Everything around me was dark. Everything around me was dead; black and white. My pink eyes, spotted Ray's house. I walked dreary onto his doorstep. "I'm outside."

I texted him. Within 2 minutes he came jogging out his front door. The smirk on his face quickly turned into confusion and concern.

                        "KARLY ! WHAT HAPPENED?" Ray yelled in my face. There was a dead silence. "Karly !" He yelled again.

"Let's just say, I didn't have much sleep."

"I know that's not it man, tf happened Kar?" He starred into my tired eyes.

"Joe..." I started. "He raped me, I said as a tear dropped down my right cheek. Ray hugged me tight and told me everything was going to be okay. That he would handle everything. I wouldnt be surprised if Joe ends up in the news later with police looking for suspects who murdered him.

The only person I ever let see me cry was Ray. I wiped my face off and sucked that shit up. It was time to run things just like we always had.

The day went by smoothly. There wasnt no games and shit. It went by faster too. Ray and I headed by the park,and hustled until 12. I had to leave early, I was too tired. Ray walked me home, and told me to text him later to make sure everything was okay.

I entered my house to a disaster as always. Daddy got his fists up in the air ready to hit mom, and she's guarding her face with her arms ready to take the pain. Her physical pain was nothing compared to my emotional pain.

Screams and yelling filled my ears as I dragged my way up tge stairs to my room. I didn't like this hell hole of a place. Why me? Is the question I ask myself ever single day that I live.

I just want to give up sometimes but I want to grow up proving my parents wrong. That I could be someone.

I plopped onto my bed about an hour later and grabbed my remote to turn on the TV. "Police are looking for the suspect in the murder of Joe Spreggler. This man was found dead a half an hour ago with gun shots through his head, and stab wounds in his stomach. If you have any information call-" I then turned the TV off and cried myself to bed. I had to figure out a way to get out of here. This shit was too overwhelming.