Chapter 26- The Truth

"You almost kissed?" Marlene burst.

Silver nodded in shame. She felt a tear slip out of her eyes. Then another. And another.

"What's wrong?" Alice whispered.

"We almost kissed," Silver croaked before sobbing. "Almost."

"What happened?" Lily asked softly.

"Right before we- we kissed, he screamed. In my face," Silver cried out.

"What did that bastard scream?" Marlene said, fuming. "I'll make him regret ever saying your name-"

"He didn't scream anything awful," Silver recollected herself. "It was just, so random, he must've not wanted to kiss me badly."

"Well, what did he say?" Alice asked.

"He said that my eyes were glowing," Silver said, frowning and wiping away any remaining tears.

"That your eyes were glowing?" All three friends asked simultaneously.

"Ye-es," she stuttered. "How much more obvious could it be that he didn't want to kiss me?"

Silver continued to weep. The three girls sat there, slightly uncomfortable.

"Er... Silver?" Lily finally spoke up. "Maybe you should look in the mirror."

Silver sniffled, glancing up at her friends in confusion.

"What?" She breathed.

"Just, look," Alice whispered.

Silver pulled herself off of the bed and looked in the mirror that had always been positioned to angle the reflection of the bathroom. She gasped as her reflection was revealed to her.

Her eyes were literally glowing. Vibrant rich, violet eyes with swirls of deep blue stare back at her, glowing in the light. A sudden sensation of being watched caused a shiver to run down Silver's spine.

"My eyes, they're glowing," she touched the mirror in awe. "He wasn't lying."

"And the weird part is," Marlene said softly, "they only have lit up since the almost kiss with Sirius. And when you... speak of him."

Silver felt her face drop. Her heart pounded against her chest as she shakily grabbed the necklace that was hung from her neck.

A cursed child.

Tea family.

Never spoken about father.

Eyes keep changing color.

Waiting plain.

My father.

Violet eyes.

Silver fell back from the realization. How did she not see it before? It was so clear and perfectly placed, how stupid was she? Her father was the man in the waiting plain. Her father was the unfortunate boy from the tea family who got his family killed with his mistake. She was in danger because of her father.

"Silver, what's going on?" Lily asked softly. Alice, Marlene, and her walked slowly to her.

"I- I," Silver stuttered. "I've got to speak with Professor Dumbledore."

With that, Silver pushed past the three girls and sprinted out of the girls' dormitory, her eyes swimming in tears. She ran into someone forcefully since the burning tears wouldn't let her see in front of her properly.

"Silly, what's wrong?" Sirius asked, concerned. He cupped her cheek as the stinging tears finally spilled down her front. A choked sob escaped her. Sirius wiped away the hot tears and grabbed her hand with his other still carressing her face. His eyes scanned her face desperately.