Chapter 25- So... octopi?

Silver fumbled with the brown box. She flipped it over before tossing it on the table.

Sighing, she turned to look at the group of friends surrounding her.

"I don't think I can do this."

"Yes you can," Lily said softly. She smiled reassuringly at her friend. "We'll be here with you."

"Maybe that's the problem," Sirius pointed out. "Maybe she just needs a bit of privacy. For once."

Silver peeked at her friends nervously. She bit down on her bottom lip in thought. The group stayed in silence, watching Silver and waiting for her answer.

"You know what? This is a personal, family matter, we should leave her to do it in private," Marlene spoke up.

She then continued by standing up and leaving to their dormitory.

"We'll wait for you," Alice said as her and Lily got up to leave as well.

The boys all glanced at Silver with worried looks before leaving as well. The only person to stay was Sirius.

Silver raised a brow and crossed her arms over her chest. "I thought I was getting privacy?"

Sirius stood, staring at Silver in a way Silver had never seen him stare at her.

From the stairway, Lily and James watched their friends interact curiously.

"Do they not see it? Are they that oblivious?" Lily whispered.

"See what?" James asked, looking at her in confusion.

Lily hit James roughly, "They clearly like each other you twat."

James widened his eyes.

"You mean, Silver likes him back?"

"Are you that blind?" Lily snapped. "Don't answer that. I can't stand you sometimes, Potter. I'm going to bed."

"Alright then, Evans," James responded sassily. He made a 'hmph' sound and climbed the stairs up to his dormitory that he shared with Remus, Peter, and Sirius.

"Let me take you somewhere special where you can open the box and envelope," Sirius told Silver.

"And where exactly would that be?"

"It's a surprise," he replied with a smirk. He extended his hand, and Silver took it hesitantly.

"Just promise I won't die," Silver mumbled.

Sirius gasped, "You don't even consider my safety?"

"Like I said, promise me I won't die," Silver said jokingly.

Sirius laughed lightly and promised her that she wouldn't be killed. He led her out of the common room, through many halls and secret tunnels until they finally reached a dusty, wooden staircase.

"What's this?" Silver questioned.

"You'll have to wait and see," Sirius smiled and helped Silver up the stairs.

They winded up a little bit, spiraling in a circular formation. Silver froze when the view in front of her was visible. The beautiful night sky twinkled above her, the stars and moon beaming against the stunning shade of dark blue- nearly black- sky. A light breeze passed by in the crisp November night, causing a slight chill to pass through Silver's back.

Sirius tugged her along, walking up to where a small gap between the stones of the castle could be seen. He stuck his foot in there and pushed himself up until he reached the roof with his hands. He pulled himself up, after much physical effort, and then helped Silver up. The view was even more amazing on the roof.