Chapter 4- Quidditch

Silver groaned as she rolled off of her bed. Lily stood over her as she tapped her foot angrily. Was this how she was going to be waking up every day now?

"Where did you go last night?" Lily demanded. Silver opened her mouth to say something when Lily opened her mouth again. "Don't even try to deny it, I know you went somewhere."

"I-"

"If you so much as got caught-"

"I didn't-"

"Be honest! I'll know if you're lying-"

"I-"

"I'll go straight to Professor McGonagall-"

"Lily!" Silver talked over her threat. "I didn't get caught, I was in the common room-"

"I knew it- wait, what?" Lily stopped, surprised. "You didn't go sneaking around after curfew?"

"Now who told you I went wandering the halls at night?" Silver asked, brows knitting together in confusion.

"Well," Lily said hesitantly, "Marlene told us that you woke up at night, and Alice says that she woke up in the night to go the bathroom, and your bed was empty."

"Oh, I see," Silver said and then stifled a yawn that followed right after her reply. "I'm sorry that I worried you. I'll try not to do it again."

"You don't have to do that. You're bound to worry us later in the near future if you're friends with the marauders," Lily said, defeated.

"Well, considering what happened last night, I don't suppose you're wrong," Silver said with a small, hesitant grin, "and I promise I didn't plan on walking the halls at midnight. It just sort of happened." She finished sheepishly, standing up from the floor and wrapping her arms around herself tightly.

"Well then, at least you weren't looking for trouble. I guess I can let this misbehavior pass," Lily said slowly, eyeing Silver's body language. She didn't want to scare the girl with her usual scolding.

"Lily Evans is letting misbehavior pass?" Marlene's voice came from the doorway of their dormitory. "It's a miracle!"

"Marlene, miracles are good things," Lily explained.

"It is a good thing! You've finally proven you're human with sympathy and not some evil genius demon trying to take over the world!" Marlene shouted.

"But she proves she's human whenever she gets all riled up about the marauders," Alice piped up from behind Marlene.

"Well, she's proven that she isn't taking some potion that makes her really smart, at least. Which would be convenient since she's amazing at potions," Marlene concluded.

"If you say so," Alice chimed. She looked up at Lily and Silver. "What misbehavior are you letting pass anyway, Lily?"

"Silver and the boys took a midnight stroll down the halls of Hogwarts," Lily told them. "She said that she didn't plan for it to happen, it just came up naturally. I suppose I can't really scold her if she didn't try to get in trouble."

Silver jumped towards her for a quick hug and then immediately removed herself, arms detangling themselves from the hug. She fidgeted as a blush hit her cheeks from the embarrassment of being even the slightest bit intimate with a friend. Lily's eyes seemed to be flickering from hard to soft from wanting to scold her for her misbehavior but also be kind and show her that she cared for her.

"How did that happen?" Alice asked cautiously.

"Silver didn't quite let out many details," Lily replied. She then turned to look at the other and jutted out her chin. "So do tell us how you came to wander the halls at night. Please quench our curiosity."