seventeenth

Adrien didn't turn around at the sound of her voice. He kind of expected her to look for him.

"How'd you get up here?" Adrien ignored her and countinued staring at the city in front of him.

Ladybug sighed and sat down next to him. "Are you going to ignore me now?"

"Maybe," he muttered under his breath.

Ladybug bit her lip and sighed. "Adrien, please listen to me,"

"I am listening," he replied.

Ladybug looked down at her hands, sighing.

"I-I know you're not alright after what happened..-" she got cut off.

"What do you mean not fine? I'm completely fine, I mean nothing like that happened. Just my crush told me I have no chance with her whatsoever, that the guy she's crushing on is way better than me, which means I have to move on and maybe fail, live with my cat for the rest of my life..-"

"You don't even have a cat," she pointed out.

"Oh but I do. He's the laziest cat I could ever ask for and for the bonus he is a black cat, so he brings bad luck wherever I go, which I'm still not used to and I've had him for the past year," Adrien muttered grumpily. "Also if he could, he would only eat cheese and sleep,"

"You're exaggerating," Marinette stated. 

He looked her directly in the eye. "Am I? Am I really?"

"Adrien, you're scaring me," she moved away a little.

He took a deep breath and burried his head in his hands. "This could have gone worse," he muttered.

"Adrien, look at me," she gently grabbed his chin, turning it towards her. "Just because your first crush doesn't work out, doesn't mean that your next one won't,"

"You aren't my first crush," he stated, being more grumpy that he already was. 

"Oh? Who was it then?" she smiled, trying to get them to another topic. She seriously needed to get her head out of the clouds and focus on her love for Chat.

"You'll laugh," he crossed his arms on his chest.

"I promise I won't," she assured him. 

Adrien sighed and blew away a lock of his hair that fell onto his face. "Chloe,"

When Marinette realized what he said, she couldn't help herself but to break her promise and start laughing. "I-I'm sorry, but really, Chloe?"

"I was six, don't judge me," 

"Okay, okay," she smiled and opened up her arms for a hug. He looked at her weirdly, so she just left her arms there. She had no intention of moving before she got that hug.

Adrien bit his lip and awkwardly went for a hug. 

"Please, don't hate me. I just ..-" Ladybug sighed. "I don't want to lose you,"

Adrien pulled away with wide eyes. 
"Yeah, because we're friends, right?" he huffed.

Ladybug looked down at her hands. "Need a ride home?"

"That would be good, yes," he sighed and let her take him home.

Again, he hated the ride.

-----------------------------

"Agreste, you have a lot of explaining to do!" Alya yelled through the intire school.

People she ran past were staring weirdly at her, but Adrien at the end of the hallway seemed horrified.

He hid behind Nino. "Whatever she wants, please just don't let her kill me," Adrien chlosed his eyes and tried to get himself behind him all the way.

"Don't worry, dude. I'm not letting her hurt my best man," Nino smiled assuringly.

Alya went past Marinette who just wasn't sure what was happening.

When she came to the boys, Nino looked like a bodyguard, but Alya looked scarrier. "Nino, move,"

"I will help my bu...-"

"NINO I SAID MOVE,"

He quickly moved away and looked at them from the distance.

Adrien looked at his best friend in hurt and disappointment. Nino mouthed sorry, but Adrien felt like he should have predicted this.

Nothing stood in the way of Alya.

"Yes, Als?" he used his nickname on purpose, giving her his puppy eyes, but she just stood there emotionless.

And it started scaring him.

"Do not 'Yes, Als' me, you idiot!" she screamed and pulled him away from the people.

Nino took place next to Marinette who was watching quite entertained.

"Are they having an affair or something?" Nino whispered to Marinetre, who just laughed.

"Yeah, Alya must have caught Adrien cheating," Marinette said with sarcasm in her voice.

"Wait, what?" Nino did not understand sarcasm very well.

"I'm kidding. Alya loves you and pretty boy over there is head over heels in love with another," she laughed.

"Wait you know he has a crush on you?" Nino said with wide eyes.

"Took me some time, but I found out yeah," Marinette laughed. "Besides, she probably found out that we kissed,"

"YOU GUYS KISSED?" he exclaimed for everyone to hear.

"He didn't tell you?"

"I think he mentioned something about kiss and broken heart and maybe something about his cat, but I was busy listening to my latest remix," he shrugged.

"You are an idiot,"

-----------------------------

"Okay, Agreste, start talking," Alya said, all serious.

"What happened to my first name?"

"Cut the act. I want to know everything about it!" she yelled at him. They were hiding in janitor's closet and Alya was looking for every detail she could get.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry for not asking permission to kiss Marinette! But she was the one to kiss me, so there's nothing to blame me for...-"

"You two kissed?" Alya asked shocked.

"Yea..-" "I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about this!"

She unlocked her phone and showed pictures someone emailed her.

Adrien's eyes widened. That could not happen.

There was one with Ladybug opening her arms to hug him, one where they were hugging and one where they were both looking sad. Also a blurry one where she was piggyriding him home.

"So, Agreste. Are you having an affair with Ladybug?"