fifth

The next day, Adrien had no will to get up, but Nathalie gave him a lesson of how his father won't be proud.

He finally dragged him out of the bed, washing his teeth and looking at his messy hair. It looked as nearly as messy as Chat's. He groaned and thought of Ladybug.

What was her problem anyway?

Oh right, she didn't like him because she was in love with him and her boyfriend was jealous.

Note the sarcasm.

He huffed and tried to tame his hair a little, before giving up, not caring if he looks still a little like Chat. People are stupid anyway. "You sure you want to go like that?" Plagg asked, but Adrien ignored him.

"You ready?" he looked at Nathalie, still half asleep and nodded. He saw her rise one eyebrow, looking at him from head to toe.

"What?" he asked.

"You're still in your pijama pants and without a shirt," she commented. He didn't even care if he blushed and groaned.

He pulled out a pair of black jeans and a white shirt. He rubbed his eyes and looked at Nathalie, who was finally pleased.

They sat in a limousine and let Gorilla drive them to school. He tried exiting it when they arrived, but Nathalie pulled him back.

"Gosh, Adrien, what would your father think if he saw you with hair like this?" she said between fixing his messed up hair.

"I honestly don't know. Nor care," when she was done, he opened the door, stepping out. He didn't even notice Nino, who was waving him and walked directly to class.

It was fifteen minutes until class started and nobody was in the classroom so he put his head on his desk and groaned. "Why does life hate me?"

"I don't know, man. Maybe because you're ignoring your best bud?" Nino sat down next to Adrien, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Well, I'm sorry, but my day is freaking awful," he groaned and banged his head on the desk.

"Dude, it's eight in the morning," Nino replied, looking at his phone.

"I guess a lot of accidents and horrible things are going to happen to me today," he muttered, rolling his eyes. "I bring bad luck after all,"

"You're not Chat Noir, you can't have more bad luck than him," his best friend laughed, causing Adrien to roll his eyes again.

"Yeah, can't have more bad luck than him," he mumbled and lifted his head. He saw Marinette and Alya enter. She wasn't late for once!

He could stare at her all day. Her midnight hair shining as she smiled, her adorable laugh and the way she could go along with anyone.

Exept Chloe.

And him. Damn.

"What are you staring at?" she hissed, when she saw him looking at her. His eyes fell down to his table and he sighed.

Marinette and Alya sat in the row behind them and started laughing. Adrien couldn't help himself, but to eavesdrop a little.

"You know you should give Adrien a chance. I mean, he's really trying to be nice," Alya said to Marinette, who just bitterly laughed and shook her head.

"No way, Alya. I judge people by their first impression and he didn't do a great one," she said, which made Adrien even sadder than he was.

Was there any chance she would ever forgive him?

"But he's trying, Mari," Alya shook her head.
"I don't have time for him. You know who I do have time for, though," Marinette smirked.

"You should really get over that obsession with him. I know your head over heels for him, but Marinette, there's a small chance it'll happen," Alya sighed. "I'm sorry,"

Adrien let out a suprised gasp. She liked someone? Someone already took her heart, while he was still trying to get to friendship stage.

Nino, who was listening to the conversation too, placed one hand on his shoulder. Adrien felt tears in his eyes, but he swallowed them and shook his head.

"Good morning, class," Miss Bustier greeted and Nino already lifted his hand.

"Yes, Nino?"

"Adrien's feeling kind of sick. Can you let him to the nurse?" he asked, Adrien looking at him in confusion.

"Pfft right," he heard Marinette say, which made him even sadder.

"Yes of course. Will you be able to go alone or should Nino go with?" she asked.

"I think I-I can manage it myself," he was fighting back tears and she nodded. He ran out of the classroom to the boys' bathroom, sliding down the wall. He let Plagg out of his shirt and allowing the little cat to caress his cheek with his tiny paw.

"It's a stupid reason to cry," he smiled at the boy in front of him. "It's a stupid girl. You shouldn't cry over her. She's stupid if she doesn't like you,"

"You know that w-won't help, right, Plagg?" Adrien sobbed. He stayed in the bathroom for a little while, letting the little cat try and cheer him up.

Then soon a loud crash was heard. Adrien jolted up, wiping off his tears.

"You sure you're ready for this, kiddo?" Plagg asked.

"Let's go," Adrien sighed. "Claws out,"

Plagg got sucked into his ring and soon black leather was covering his whole body. He looked himself in the mirror and saw that even if he had green cat eyes, they were still a little puffed.

He took a deep breath, before running out of the bathroom, looking around for the akuma.

Chat Noir saw it on the school's yard, trying to grab as much people as possible. He saw Marinette in the corner, trying to get away, but akuma shot something into the ceiling above her, making it crack.

Chat Noir didn't gave a second thought about running to her, pushing both out of the way. He landed on top of her, shielding her from the wrecked parts of the ceiling.

Alya saw this position and quickly snapped a photo of it.

"You okay?" he asked, not moving away from her. He saw her reddened cheeks and nodded. He finally got up and gave her a hand, for her to take. Chat helped her up and grabbed her shoulders and looked directly into her eyes. "Be safe,"

Her little kwami popped out of her purse.

Her mouth was wide open, when she stared at him fighting an akuma. "He's been crying, Tikki, his eyes are puffed,"