eighth

Marinette was so happy that Chat Noir was coming to the ball, she decided she would organize it. And she did. Everyone was very pleased with the choice, exept Chloe who was still thinking about big ball dresses and crowns.

It was the day before the ball. Marinette was so excited, she coudn't stay still.

"Nino, I'm not going," Adrien sighed for the tenth time. 

Marinette's eyes widened and let out a noice nobody has ever heard before. Adrien wasn't coming? This would be the best day of her life then!

Nino pulled Adrien away from the crowd. "You know this is your one chance to dance with Marinette? I doubt you'll get another 'til prom," 

"I know, Nino, now please stop it. It's not like she would want to dance with me anyway," he sadly sighed. Maybe not Adrien, but who said anything about Chat?

"Fine, dude, just don't complain when you'll regret it," he shrugged.

---------------------------------------------

It was the day of the dance and Marinette was running around her room, trying to get herself ready. "Calm down, you have one hour to get there,"

"Marinette, calm your nerves," Tikki laughed. "It's not like the dance will run away,"

"Yes, but Chat will the there! And I need to look my best," she sighed. She wore a pink dress, she made herself and white shoes. 

"You look beautiful, I'm sure he'll notice you," Tikki smiled at her, partly because she knew he would.

"Mari, dear! Alya's here," Sabine called from downstairs and Marinette groaned. 

"I hear damsel in distress," Alya laughed as she came through the door with her orange dress.

"Help me!" Marinette cried. "I have no idea what to do,"

"Sit down on the chair and let me do the work," she laughed and pushed the girl to sit down. She did her make up and her hair. 

"Thank you, Alya, you're a saviour,"

"Hey, what are best friends for," she smiled. "Besides, you need to look extra pretty today, since your knight in shining armour is coming!"

Marinette blushed and nodded. "I can't wait to see him."

"Let's go then. It's nearly time," Alya said, grabbing her hand before running our of the door. They arrived at the school gym a few minutes later, most of the people already there. 

Marinette tried to occupy herself as much as she could until he arrived, but it didn't seem to work and Alya saw. "Girl, you need to calm down. I know you have a massive crush on him, but you need to think about something else than him," 

"I know, but it's har..-" with that she stopped because she saw the most beautiful being on Earth step into the gym. 

All eyes were on him and he blushed a little. "I'm sorry, I'm late. I got caught up in something."

"Well, you're the organizer! Go say hi!" Alya pushed her towards him and Marinette nearly fell three times before she got there.

"H-hi!" she smiled, trying to stay as collected as she could. "I..-I mean we are thanking y-you for coming. I mean for a hero you're really busy and stuff. And we didn't know if you're gonna show up, because you know akumas and stuff..-" "What she means is thank you for coming," Alya cut off her babbling. 

"It's actually my pleasure," Chat smiled at the girls. 

So this is how she is when she's flustered. 

"Thanks for coming," Alya thanked again, before walking towards the snack table. 

"What's your name?" Chat asked, trying to make a conversation. He didn't know where his confidence came from. Maybe the fact that she stepped on his nerves the last time they saw each other?

"I'm Marinette and what's your name?" she smacked a hand over her mouth. "I-I mean, I didn't want to know your real name, I know you're Chat Noir, who wouldn't know that, I mean you're the superhero and I-I," she groaned. "This is a disaster." she muttered.

Nino just started a slow song and Marinette blushed even more. 

"I'll go now," she bit her lip and started to walk away, but a hand on her shoulder stopped her. 

"I was actually wondering if you would like to dance?" he asked, getting red in his cheeks a little himself. By this point Marinette was redder than her suit.

"I-I'd love to," she gave him one of the nervous smiles. 

He led her to the dance floor, making everyone gasp in suprise. "I'm sorry, I'm not a good dancer," she apologized.

"It's alright. I've been raised up in dance, so just follow my lead," he put one hand on her hip, while he held the other one. She put the hand he wasn't holding on his shoulder.

Marinette didn't know, but Alya was filming everything, from the first moment on.

"I heard you were the one to organize everything," Chat smiled. "You did a great job,"

From the corner of his eye, he saw Nino taking out his phone and dialing someone's number. Right after, the baton on his back started vibrating. 

"T-Thanks,"

He had it connected to his phone in case if his father called, while he was tranformed. If he didn't answer that would be a disaster.

"I'm really sorry, princess, I have to take this," he smiled, before leading her off the dance floor like a gentleman, before running out on the roof. 

"Yes, Nino?" he tried to sound as sleepy as he could. The song just ended, which he was greatful of. 

"Dude, I swear if you don't show up right now, I'm going to personally drag you here!" Nino yelled in his phone. 

"Why?" he fake yawned. 

"BECAUSE CHAT NOIR IS STEALING YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"