Chapter 34

The work was overwhelming from the past three months and it only escalated with only a few days left for the store opening. My head was going crazy putting everything in place and making a note of everything which was still needed. Investors suggested us to incorporate western wear for hijab wearing women in our line and that had taken most of the time. Farah along with her family responsibilities couldn't give extra time to me so I had to put in extra time. Salman did by looking overproduction. I had included him in the partners giving him ten percent share along with his salary.

I clutched my forehead with both my hands

Looking at the coffee I had forgotten to drink while engrossed in work. It had gone cold.

Just then there was a knock at my office door.

"Come in," I said.

Raafay strolled in wearing his casual wear. His hard work was successful and his company had many projects lined up. With ten employees working under him, he was relatively free now and spent his free time being here either helping or just fooling around.

"What are you doing in the office at the weekend?" He exclaimed.

"Working."

"Well, I am here to rescue you".

"Rescue me?"

"Yes from being possessed by work jinn."

"And how do you plan to do that?" I asked teasing him.

"Well, I am going to whisk you away from here."

"Where I might ask??"

"That's a secret. Come with me," he said offering his hand.

"I think your secret must wait to reveal itself as I am busy working," I said not taking it and going back looking at the laptop.

"Why do you think I am asking you," he said coming behind me and started pushing my chair towards the door with speed.

"Okay okay," I said laughing and keeping myself from falling off.

"Give me five minutes."

"Okay, I am waiting in the car. Five minutes otherwise I will carry you," he said

"Done."

Closing the laptop I freshened up and wore a knee-length grey color coat on my black jeans and t-shirt. Changing the scarf to match it, my eyes fell on Farah's baby lips gloss lying at the desk. Hesitant at first as I had long back stopped wearing even minimal makeup. I relented and dabbed it on my lips and applied kajal. Scrutinizing my appearance I threw my mobile in the bag and hurried downstairs instructing security to lock the office as I was the only one working today.

Raafay was waiting, his back taking the support of his white Hyundai Verna tapping his feet.

He looked at me and gave one of his gorgeous smiles said: "you are looking human."

"Oh my!" I exclaimed keeping my hand at my chest. "What a compliment," and took a bow.

He shook his head laughing and got into the car.

I stifled my smile and went to the passenger side taking my seat.

"Where are we going?"

"Not far," he said

"Well I never heard of a place called not far," I exaggerated the last two words

"Have some patience."