5 weeks before....

JOKERS P.O.V

7 months later......

"Jack stop.." Eva giggled as I kissed her neck. Her tone became more serious.. "Jack stop.." she said again. I ignored her determined to get her laughing again. "Jack seriously.." her tone sounded much more urgent and nervous.

"Whats wrong?" I asked her as her eyes widened and her face went white.

"The baby!" she breathed.

"What ?" I asked in confusion.

"The baby its here!" she almost yelled annoyed as she started breathing heavily and winced in pain.

"Crap!" I yelled out as I started the ignition and pulled out of lex corp parking lot.

5 weeks before December 3

EVAS P.O.V

"Hey.." lex awkwardly mumbled.

"Hi.." I awkwardly smiled in return. We haven't talked much since he told me he liked me. Though I wish we had. I wanted to be close friends again I wanted to make things right...

"I uh brought you donuts..Your favorite.." he said sitting on my desk and handing over the bag.

"Thanks!" I said meaning it. I always craved donuts especially now.

"No problem!" he smiled to me warmly and kept a gaze as I scarfed one down. "I like that about you..." he swiftly said smiling at me still.

"Like what?" I asked tilting my head.

"The way you uh.." he pointed to the donut bag. "The way you basically devour donuts whole.." He chuckled lightly.

" oh I uh.." I felt my face flush with embarrassment. He noticed this...

"Don't be embarrassed Eva!" he chuckled lightly now turning his gaze out the window. It was raining outside and the Cold yet refreshing Metropolis rain pounded on the window. " I think its cute.." he smiled even bigger and kept his gaze out the window.

I studied him for a second chewing the donut ever so slowly now. The way he stared out the window as if there was something out there for him that he was waiting for. He kept a smile on his face and took slow steady breathes as if every breath could be his last. "Why are you always looking out that window Lex?" I questioned him. He kept his gaze and didn't seem at all phased with the question.

"I don't know.." He breathed out. "Its just the sky.." He chuckled lightly.

"The sky?"i repeated confused by his response.

"Yeah the sky.." He trailed off. "Its so vast and endless.." he sighed out. "It makes you feel like theres endless possibilities for the worst situations. Like everything will be alright even though you know it wont be. It keeps me calm, It kept me calm for as long as I could remember. Like one day.." He started. "It was my seventh birthday. I remember my mom had already passed away the year before and my dad had promised me a great and special day. He uh-" He chuckled lightly smiling and keeping a stare out the window. "He said he was going to get me balloons, and a bouncy house. The whole bit. " He ran his fingers through his hair which was getting much longer now and kept his smirk. "Well that morning I woke up and ran downstairs. To find there were no balloons, no presents, no cake. There was nothing..." His smile faded. "Nothing but my horrible dad drunk with his bottle of scotch and the photo of my mom broken and on the floor." he sighed out his face turning into rage at the thought. " Well he noticed me standing there and as usual the hope for a bruise free day was nothing but a sweet dream. As usual he hit me, and kicked me, and threw me around. But that night while I was crying like the wuss that I was... I looked out the window and saw the stars. But what held those stars? The sky." he whispered with no expression now on his face. "The sky seemed so powerful so vast. Endless... I had hope that one day I wouldn't be in the ugly grips of my dad. I would be just as stunning and as powerful as the sky..." he sighed out. "well years went on and dad got much worse. The thought of suicide crept over me many times. The sky turned from power to dreams. Dreams of running away, dreams of dying. Anything to get away really.." he whispered. "Dreams of flying, dreams of freedom, and dreams of killing my father.." he bitterly chuckled. "And that's precisely what I did.." My eyes widened in shock at his confession. He turned to me. "We have all done things we arent proud of Eva. I have, you have, your dad has, even joker has." He gave me a slightly sad smile. "Not a day goes by that I don't regret what I did, that I don't wish it was different, that I don't miss him. But I wouldn't change what I did. I had to do it. I never did it again... " he gazed out the window again. "Except superman of course...but hes not dead."

"Oh lex  I'm so sorry you had it hard.." I whispered.

He simply sighed. "Remember when I said I was a scotch person? well I hate scotch I just drink it cause it reminds me of my dad and it reminds me not to become my dad.." He whispered and looked at me again.

"But that's ok because I will never be him.." he said before standing up and kissing me lightly on the head before exiting the office..

DANG I GUESS EVERYONE IN THIS STORY HAS DADDY ISSUES WHAT IS LIFE?!?!?
OK WELL THE BABY IS BORN DECEMBER 3RD AND WE ARE GOING BACK 5 WEEKS COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TILL ITS BORN AND ITS THE TIME SHE SPENDS WITH LEX

PREPARE YOUR TEARS!!
~~~~SAVANNAH DESPERATLY WISHES FOR TACOS..