the best day

My small heels clicked the floor as I walked with lex to the office. "Hmm. So your desk is right over there across from mine.." He grinned as he pointed out my office space. "And the coffee maker is over there. Help yourself to some anytime . Personally I'm more of a scotch or brandy person, but hey we all need our fill." He chuckled swiftly. "Ok .." I said sitting down at my desk.

"What now?" I asked looking up at him. He put his hands on his hips and sighed in a breath of air. "Well I have a meeting to go to. So I guess just hang out till I need ya!" He smiled widely and with that left the room.

I looked around the large office room. My desk was pretty plain but that's ok I could always put a photo up or something... Maybe one of those marble clapper things?

Great, I'm bored already...

Without hesitation I picked up the phone and quickly dialed jokers number. "Hellloooo? " his husky, rough, and sweet voice answered after the second dial. "Hi." I said smiling."oh well hiya baby doll.." His voice sounded happy and irresistible. "Listen I'm at work right now and I'm completely bored so I was wondering if you could bring me some donuts or chocolate or something. I'm craving it terribly!" I chuckled. "Sure thing love . The uh new job?" He asked. "Yeah." I said with a yawn. "I'll be over in a few." He hung up.

I casually looked around but stayed in my seat. Making sure no one was watching I slipped off my heels and kicked my feet up on the desk. "I'm getting paid to sit around.." I chuckled to myself. I can't believe it. Life's been so good since joker and I left Gotham. Things in metropolis were starting to look up . I rubbed my eyes tiredly. Joker kept me up all night, not that I was complaining or anything. I wonder what my dad was doing. I wonder if he misses me. And my mom. Is she still in Arkham? Does she ever want to really talk to me? Ill probably end up here in metropolis for a while without knowing anything about them. Does this mean I have to un-follow my dad on Instagram? I think I will....

"Well well what do we have here?" Jokers husky voice cut into my thoughts. He sat on the desk in front of me next to my legs. Slowly he ran his hand up my leg."mhhhhhhhhh!" He hummed. "Darling you do look irresistible like this." He chuckled as he licked his lips then grinned. "Hmm.." I sat up straight and leaned into him. "I know!" I teased then sat back giggling as he leaned in for a kiss. I stood up and got close to him as he remained on the desk. "I-I brought you y-your donuts.." He stuttered as I pressed myself against him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks!" I took the bag and sat down before digging into them. "You don't know how badly I've been craving these!!" I said while chewing. "Is it your time of the month or something doll?" He asked scrunching up his face. I raised my eyebrow. "No." I stated.

He chuckled. "Ok then." I rolled my eyes an grinned at him. "Listen doll I was thinking I could pick you up after work and uh. Well I have something special in mind.. So princess what do you say?" His words came out silky yet rough and so terribly sweet to my ears that I couldn't help but melt. "Sure thing lovely." I winked at him. "Great! You know-" joker was interrupted as lex strode into the room looking at some paper work in his hand.

"Ok Eva can you please-" he glanced up and his face turned to shock when his eyes landed on joker. "Oh well I didn't know we had a um guest." Lex somewhat slammed his paper work on his desk, crossed his arms, and plastered a smile. "Oh sorry lex this is my boyfriend jac- joker!" I stuttered standing up and smoothing out my shirt. Lex kept his plastered thin smile and swiftly walked towards us. He held out his Hand to jack. "Very nice to meet you.." Lex's voice trailed off and for the first time ever was slow as if he was trying to properly pronounce every word. His gaze didn't brake with joker and was somewhat...creepy.

Joker didn't shake his hand. Instead he ran his fingers through his green hair and grinned. "Yeah you too." Joker stood up and turned to me kissing me on the cheek lovingly. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug ... An almost possessive hug. "I'll see you later darling." He sweetly said before giving Lex a one last look over and leaving. Lex's eyes followed jokers every move as his smile was now just a thin line with no meaning on his face.