four

Levi and I have started to reconnect, which is a relief. I don't know what I would've done if he were angry with me for the whole year.

We sit at lunch together. No one at this school is very fond of me, so we sit at the back of the lunchroom, giggling in our own little world.

Levi is laughing at something I just said. I take this opportunity to admire him. His nose is scrunched up, and his eyes are closed. He clutches his sides as he gasps for air.

If I'm being complete honest, I've fallen for the boy. I'm the last person who knows anything about love, but Levi gives me a feeling I cant explain when I'm with him.

Part of me wants to tackle him and smother him with kisses and live happily after after. But the other part doesn't wanna ruin our friendship if he doesn't like me back, or if things just don't work out.

So I keep my mouth shut, hoping for him to make a move.

But he never does.

That's the thing about Levi—he's never upfront about his feelings. Unlike me, he doesn't like to make it known when he's upset or excited or happy. He never liked drawing attention to himself.

And he's incredibly good at it too. A few months prior, I remember going out on a date with one of his friends, and Levi said that he was completely fine with it. We dated for a few weeks before we decided to call it quits. Turns out Levi accidentally sent the boy a text meant for one of his other friends saying that he was completely not okay with the idea of us dating, and I had no idea.

"Levi," I grin, inching closer to him. "What are you thinking?"

Levi's chocolate-colored eyes widen. He shifts in his seat and awkwardly coughs. "Uh, what do you mean?"

"What's on your mind?" I speak, sending a soft smile his way.

Levi turns bright red, licking his pink lips. "Um, just thinking about what my life would be like without you in it."

"What would it be like?" I question.

"It would suck."

It's my turn to turn completely red. I giggle and grin. "Same."

During English class, I notice a girl with curly brown hair out of the corner of my eye. I turn to get a better look at her.

She runs her tongue over her lip, highlighting something in her book. She wear a beanie over her chocolate colored curls, and her grey eyes are attentively reading the book.

The girl doesn't look too familiar, so I figure that she had moved here after I moved away. I stand up and make my way over to the unfamiliar girl.

She glances up when she sees me, her breathing speeding up. She drops her pencil and gazes up at me in fear when I step in front of her.

"Hi." I smile, taking the seat next to her.

"H-hi." The girl mutters, not meeting my eyes.

"I'm Jess." I speak, sticking out my hand.

"I know." She mumbles, shaking uncontrollably.