one

It is vague. But familiar.

The vacant halls remind me of many things. This is where I spent a good majority of my middle school years. Whether I like it or not, it's important to me.

My black converse make little noise as I walk down the empty hallways. The bubblegum I'm chewing on has little taste left.

I eventually find my locker. I find out I can't have the one I had been occupying before I left. It is someone else's now.

I punch in the combination the secretary had given me. I groan when it doesn't open.

"Need some help?" A voice calls.

I turn my head towards the direction of the voice. I wish I didn't.

"No thank you." I mutter, not making eye contact with him.

"C'mon, Jess," He smirks, sending shivers down my spine. "It's been a while."

"Fine," I speak. "It's nice to see you, Jake."

His emerald eyes hold an evil in them I didn't plan on ever seeing agin. Despite him helping me a year ago, I'm too fond of the boy.

"Hey there, Jessica." He smirks, leaning up against a locker.

I roll my eyes. "Don't you have a girlfriend to torment?"

He straightens  up. "I'm single."

I scoff. "Really? Because I heard from a little birdie that you were dating a certain blonde named Chloe."

"Okay, fine," Jake sighs. "We're dating."

I close my locker, a smirk playing on my lips.

"Wait'll Aunt Colette hears about this!" I laugh.

As I walk, I can hear Jake hot on my heels. I can't hi but giggle to myself.

"You can't tell mom!"

"We're cousins with a bad history," I call over my shoulder. "I'm obligated to."

And with that, he's gone.

The rest of the day isn't that interesting. Until F&8. That's pretty interesting.

I walk into the crowded room, not knowing what to expect. I notice a couple of kids who give me small smiles, welcoming me back. But I know they didn't mean it.

I waltz up to the teacher, who seems like she's texting someone important. She shooes me off next to my cousin.

Though he's my cousin, I'm not too fond of Jake. He is cocky and annoying. He was also helping out the devil.

I sit down next to him, my breaths becoming more and more frequent. He doesn't notice me at first, which I'm relieved about.

"Hey there, lil cousin."

I bite my lip from saying something that would get me suspended. Instead, I turn to face him, plastering a smile onto my face.