Getting Family Back

Depuis le début

I woke up in a panic. How much truth was behind my dream? Was Ephraim trying to relay the message to us in my dream? Could this be another power of his? I climbed out of bed and went straight to find Sam and Carlisle.

Carlisle being a vampire was already awake. Sam woke up and walked into the room and joined us. Sam was eager to know what I had to say since I woke him up before the sun broke light.

"What's the reason for the early meeting, Jacob?"

"Carlisle, you're right. Ephraim does have another gift."

"What do you mean?" Carlisle seemed worried and I didn't blame him.

"I had a dream and it seemed too real. I don't want to believe it, but I think Ephraim was sending me a message through the dream."

I explained to them in full detail about the dream, and my interpretation of the dream being a direct message from Ephraim. He had to have seen the future and knew our plan would fail. He was trying to reach out to us.

"We're walking into a massacre, Carlisle."

Carlisle and Sam both agreed we would take this dream as sign to change our tactics.

"I'm going to wake up Kate and her sister so we can decide upon another plan."

Carlisle quickly left the room and in no time, Kate and May were in the room with us. They were filled in on the dream and how we needed to devise a new plan. Kate and May looked dismayed. They have tried what they thought would be the best route to fight against Aro and his army. They started speaking to each other in their dialect. I didn't understand them but an argument seemed to brew between them. May was more upset at Kate than anything else. May left the room in tears and Kate tried to stop her.

Carlisle spoke out first. "Kate, if it's too much of a risk, then we won't attempt it. You're her only family. Believe me when I say we understand that family comes first." I didn't realize Carlisle understood them.

"Carlisle, what's going on?" I needed to understand if their resolution would help and how dangerous it would be.

"Jacob, there is another possibility that we can defeat Aro. However, the spell is too risky."

"How is it risky?"

Carlisle turned to look at Kate to respond.

"I could be killed while doing the spell. It's going to require more than just my strength. I'll need May's as well. It's never been done before, so I don't even know if it's going to work. That's why May is hesitant because she's afraid I'll die. But if it works, then we'll have the man power to overtake Aro. Well, technically it's not 'man' power."

"What's the plan then?" I was confused.

Kate was reluctant to speak up. She feared the idea herself. May finally walked back into the room and answered.

"Kate wants to bring your dead ancestors to life to fight against Aro. A ghost can kill you or anything, including vampires, but nothing can touch them."

"If that's the case, then I want you to bring back my sons, Bryson and Brody."

Philip with Bena and their men arrived. They filled up the whole room and I'm sure throughout the house as well. It's been a while since I last saw them. They seemed to have grown larger since then. I wasn't expecting Philip to come with Bena, but I knew he hated the vampires as much as we hated Aro. I'm sure he didn't want to miss this opportunity to see Aro's demise.

"Philip, it doesn't work like that. It won't bring them back to live in this world. Nature has its orders." Kate felt remorse for Philip. "The only thing I can do is call them to help us and it's up to them to decide. They'll have to leave once I close the gap."

"Dad, are you sure you want to bring Bryson and Brody into this? You won't be getting your family back this way."

Philip held his head high. "I'm doing what I need to protect you, Bena. It's not to bring them back to me, it's to protect you."

"Dad, we don't even know if it's going to work. How is this supposed to work, Kate?"

"May and I will work the spell from here and call whichever ancestor will hear us out and help. If they do, then they'll be given the opportunity to cross their world back into ours. Their strength is unstoppable because they are ghosts. However, May and my strength combined can only hold the door open for a limited amount of time. If we lose our strength, we can die. Our death means the door will remain open and the ghost will walk freely. And that will go against nature and cause a catastrophe greater than the curses of vampires, werewolves and shape-shifters of this world."

This was an immense risk we were placing on Kate and her sister.

"Kate, I can't ask that of you. It's my responsibility to find another way. It's my wife and son. I can't have you endangering your life over my family and me."

"Jacob, this isn't your decision to make. My father always told me that we were meant to do good in this world and help humans. Nessie and Ephraim are partially humans and they are who we're supposed to protect. If this is my last duty to human kind, then so be it. So let's get this spell going and get your family back."

*************(Don't forget to follow me on Instagram at nightanddaytwilight for the images of the characters)*************