Prologue

The continuation of The Twilight Saga from Jacob Black's point of view. It's been seven years since the notorious battle between the Volturi and the Cullen family. All seems calm, but something arises that the Cullens and the Quileutes have to force a bond together. Will Jacob be able to protect Renesmee?

****

"Breathe. Breathe. Please breathe, Nessie!"

Why isn't she breathing? Where in the hell is Carlisle? She's losing too much blood. I hope Sam was able to reach him in time.

Damn it, Nessie. Why are you always trying to defy me? For once, I wished she would listen to my warnings. She wasn't familiar with this part of the forest and dared to glide from tree to tree. One of the trees gave in and it all happened so fast. She landed on another tree that had already split. It pierced through her and barely missed her heart.

The moment she wakes up, I was going to give her shit for doing something so stupid. But I needed her to wake up first. To hell with the stupid treaty, I should just cut my hand right now and let her drink from my blood. No one would know.

I was trembling while rocking her in my arms.

This cannot be how my life turns out. I can't lose her.

"Nessie. Please wake up. Please come back and I'll let you be as stubborn as you want with me. I'd give you all my blood, but that would mean your death too and I can't lose you. Not this way. Not when I haven't told you how I feel."

Tears were flowing down my face and I couldn't hold them back.

Damn it, Sam. Where are you!

Finally, I hear movement in the forest, and I see Sam with Carlisle.

"You okay, Jacob?"

"No, Carlisle, please tell me she's going to be okay."

Carlisle quickly took out a bag of donated blood from the hospital and placed an IV into her arm. The blood quickly travelled through the tube and then into her system.

We sat there in silence, waiting patiently for Nessie to respond. Several minutes later and I could see some color coming back to her face. Her open wound was closing up. Her lips were no longer chapped but soft and full.

Carlisle was the first to speak.

"Looks like she's going to make it, Jacob. That was a close one. Luckily, she was not too far from the house or else I wouldn't be able to provide her with any blood. I'll give her a long talk when she comes back home. I'm sure her parents will be lecturing her too once they return back from their trip."

I felt like I was holding my breath the whole time Carlisle was talking to me. I don't even know if I remembered everything he told me, but I nodded my head in agreement.

"Thank you, Carlisle. Thank you, Sam." That's all I could say. I was still numb from this mishap.

Sam and Carlisle left, leaving me alone with Nessie.

She was still motionless, but her color had come back. I studied her face. She had the longest lashes that curled perfectly. Her petite nose was perfect for her oval shaped frame. But her lips, they were perfectly plump. I wanted to place my lips over hers so badly, but I knew I had to wait. I had to wait until she was willing to want me back. The thought of not being able to claim her lips and taste her killed me inside each day.

She began to move and open her eyes.

"Hello, Jacob."

"Nessie, try not to move yet. You injured yourself and lost too much blood. Carlisle was able to make it in time and give you some blood into your system."

"Oh. What happened?"

"Your stubbornness, what else? I told you not to go off track, but you never listen. You're not ready to challenge these forests yet until you've familiarized yourself with it. You can't be defying me all the time..."

She placed her finger on my lips.

"Shhhh. You talk too much, and you're giving me a headache."

"Damn it, Nessie!"

I picked her up and placed her over my shoulder. We quickly went straight to their cottage. I placed her in her room and locked the door behind her.

"Jacob! I'm not a damn child! Let me out! You know I can easily open this door, so don't be foolish!"

She was right, but I wanted her to know that she was being the childish one here.

The door quickly bolted open and damaged the trimming.

I turned around to face her. She was looking up at me, and her look was fierce. I wrapped my arms around her waist. I wanted to shake some sense into her, and to yell at her for being stupid at attempting death defying jumps without caution.

Both our heavy breathing was in sync as we stared at each other in silence. Neither one of us wanted to lose contact with each other.

The only thing going through my mind was how I wanted to just take her. I wanted to kiss her passionately and set this fire inside me. My groin wanted her touch and to feel her naked skin against mine. Her scent wasn't helping the situation. She was so close to me. Too close. I couldn't fight this urge anymore.

I let her go and turned around. I stormed out of the cottage and started running towards La Push.

"Jacob!"

She called out my name once more and the sound slowly began to fade away as I was getting further away. The rain started drizzling on me and helped cool me down.

I had to collect my thoughts. I had to be alone. And for once, I had to be away from her.

*****

I hope you enjoyed the beginning of this adventurous story between Jacob and Nessie. It gets only more interesting so please continue! I would truly appreciate any feedback and comments. Don't forget to press that star too. Also, follow me on Instagram under "nightanddaytwilight" and also on YouTube "Night and Day Twilight" for pics and videos that go along with my story.

Thank you!

-kl