Chapter 11

Olivia's POV

THE TEACHER HAVEN'T arrived yet, the students are scattered around the classroom while talking to one another and doing some unnecessary actions to have fun. While I watched the trees softly flowing out the window, my mind drifts off and I start to remember the scenario with Xena last night, then I flustered myself. Stupidly, I kept imagining what would happened if we really did kiss.

"Oh my God, why am I imagining about that..?" mumbled to myself, feeling embarrassed and I laid my head on my forearms to hide my face away. I couldn't lift my head up, I could tell that my face is as red as a tomato.

But Xena's features invaded my mind again, her warm honey eyes.. there's no words I can form together from the moment we laid our eyes into each other. It's a scary feeling, but it somewhat felt safe and home. But the most important thing I'll never forget was her lips. Her soft, velvety lips.. Argh, why am I getting crazy over it?

My thoughts gets cut off when the door opened abruptly, and it was Mr. Samson who arrived and told the other students to take their seats. He starts the presentation of all students, including me. As always, Xena is not present and is always late for class. Mr. Samson shakes his head with a soft sigh and proceeds to start the class.

Before he starts the lecture, Xena finally arrived after a few minutes. Seeing her bored and unfazed look that's plastered on her face, it seemed like she didn't want to waste her time with classes that apparently boring for her. I guess she has no other choice but to attend them, though.

"You're late again, Miss Scarlett." Mr. Samson remarks and Xena rolls her eyes. Her actions are making Mr. Samson displeased by her attitude as I could see his eyebrows furrowing. "You're already a senior, yet you're acting like a kindergarten student. Your grades are getting lower every day and it's getting a little concerning." He says, a little softly this time.

Although Mr. Samson has turned his tone down, Xena doesn't lose her ground. "Whatever, can I go to my seat?" She asked in a bored voice while impatiently waiting for his reply.

Mr. Samson sighed defeatingly, "Go to your seat." He gestured Xena to sit. She began walking towards her seat beside me and ignores my presence, and I could see that she's feeling pissed but bored at the same time. Mr. Samson remained calm and continued his lessons for today.

"Before we begin our lessons, we're going to have a project test that I want you to work with and so that it'll be added in your grades as well." Mr. Samson explained while all of us carefully listened. In the corner of my eye, Xena is leaning on her hand and she looks really uninterested. "All of you will be working with a partner in this project." He finishes.

Xena tuts, "I got no time for this." She annoyingly mumbled, but I can hear her clearly.

"So, I'll form the pairs. If you want to be with a specific partner, just say so before your name gets called out." Mr. Samson says, "I'll start with Xena, let's see.." He starts looking around the class, while Xena heaved a sigh.

Mr. Samson glances at me, I didn't notice it at first until I realize he has his full attention on me. "Olivia," He spoke, and I gave him a confused look. "You'll be working with Xena." He finished and my quizzed face morphs into a surprised one. I take a look at Xena who seems just as shocked as I am.

It took only two seconds for Xena to speak, "What? There's no way I'm working with her." She furrows her brows. I don't know what to feel, but other than that, I felt a little disappointed.

"Sorry, Miss Scarlett. At this point, you have no choice. You may rely on Miss Morgan with this project, and she could help you with your grades." Mr. Samson explains, but this doesn't make Xena change her expression. In fact, her face looked more irritated.