His hungry eyes roamed over my face and made their way down to my chest. When he noticed the towel was covering what he so desperately wanted to see, he ripped it open without even asking for permission. The soft gasp that left my lips came out automatically, his dominance was such a turn on.

Jaxon let out a growl at the sight of my exposed body. Slowly he bent down and trailed a kiss from my jaw, down my neck, and between my boobs. Involuntarily I closed my eyes and soaked up the sweet feeling of Jaxon praising me.

"You're so perfect." He whispered against my skin. "So absolutely fucking perfect." He murmured as his lips brushed up against my stomach.

The want I felt for this man was indescribable, and the way my body reacted to him and his words turned that want into a need.

I grabbed Jaxon's head and moved him closer to my face. I stared deep into his stormy eyes hoping he could see just how much I needed him. "Jaxon," I moaned softly and moved my hips up to meet his showing him what I needed.

His deep green eyes clouded over with lust and love, then suddenly they widened in realization. Within seconds Jaxon jumped away from me and was over in the corner of his room, as far away from me as possible.

I sat up, utterly confused by what just happened. I moved my body so I was facing him. Even from the farthest side of the room I could hear his heart pounding in his chest and his irregular breathing. He was looking at everything except me. I stepped off the bed and made my way towards him, he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Nina, stop." His voice was commanding, but I was a girl with needs and goddammit I needed those needs met.

Without hesitation I continued to walk towards him. In many ways I felt like a predator caging in her prey. "Dammit, Nina. I said stop!" He yelled, the look on his face stopped me immediately. He looked like he was being tortured, his fists were balled up, his jaw was also clenched down.

"Why did you move away from me?" Don't question him, be thankful. You were about to do something you'd regret! That was when I realized that part of me was right, I didn't actually want this. What was I thinking?

He let out a huff of air before he answered me. "Because you don't actually want this."

My eyes narrowed in on him, and I took a step closer. "You're right, I don't want this." I paused and moved a little closer to him. That's right, be honest with him. You don't want this, you never did, I thought. I opened my mouth again and said words I didn't even realize I was feeling. "I need this. I need you." Where the fuck did that come from? Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I screamed at myself, stop talking before he gets the wrong idea!

Or the right idea, Lyra thought smugly.

Jaxon looked hypnotized by my eyes. He stared at me, his eyes glossed over. When he saw me move closer he broke our staring match. "Jesus Nina, no you don't." He began pacing back and forth. I planted my feet in front of him and watched him. He was mumbling something under his breath that was spoken so quietly I didn't catch it. "You don't really want this." Jaxon assured me when he finally stopped pacing. He moved closer to me this time.

"How can you be so sure of that?" What the hell am I saying? Of course you don't want this! These words that kept coming out my mouth wouldn't stop. As much as I screamed and begged myself to stop talking there was no use. Nothing I said could be taken back, the words couldn't be unsaid.

He reached his hand up and gently touched my cheek. "Because you're in heat, sweetheart. It's not you that wants me, you only want me to stop the pain." He moved his other hand up and cupped both sides of my face. "I'm not going to finish this mating process until you want me and feel what I feel for you when your hormones aren't being affected by this goddamn heat."