Order of the Councils

I knew who these men were, I've worked with them for last couple years. Carl and Tyrel stood in front of me, with Benjamin at my flank. They knew very well to keep their distance from me, for they have seen first hand what I can do. I wasn't worried, they were human, very skilled humans.
Carl spoke up first. "Hexacious." He spoke formally. I kept my ears pricked for Benjamin's movements behind me. "You haven't been turning in lately."
My goodness, I'm gone one day and think I've gone rogue. Which is true. "It's been a day." I answered.
"The boss wants you back at court, he has a new job for you." Tyrel said shakily. I narrowed my eyes at the 'boss'. No one was the boss of me. Tyrel looked unsure and nervous as his eyes glanced about everywhere.
I scanned Carl and Tyrel's faces. They were slightly ready to attack. Either they were anticipating a move from me, or this is all a show and their really going to jump me. "Look guys, you can tell Mr bossy that I am not going rogue." They looked offended. "Tell him I'm going to Russia. Maybe I'll be more accepted there."
They looked at me skeptically. I dare not glance towards the store where Amber waited, they couldn't know she was with me.
"Why are you here Hexacious." Carl asks.
My tank was now full and I unhooked the gas pump. They seemed to flinch at my movements. I smiled to myself. I rose my hands in a formal gesturing manner to hopefully calm their nerves. "I have a flat here. I'm staying until further notice." I said plainly. Showing no emotion, they won't know if something fishy is going on here.
Carl and Tyrel exchanged glances. I kept my eyes on the two of them and my hearing on Benjamin behind me. I kept my hand near my pistol, but relaxed enough so it wasn't noticeable.
These guys were going to watch me leave, and if they see Amber get in the car with me my cover is blown. She's too innocent looking to be a prostitute, and they know I don't have a wife or daughter, so those options are out the window. I could make it seem like she's not with me and have her walk somewhere out of sight so I could pick her up and ditch them.
Boom. Perfect plan.
"Walk out of the store and turn right. Go up the hill back to the school and wait for me at the fence next to the airport. Don't look suspicious and keep your head down." I told her. It took her a minute but she did just that. I never spared a glance.
I tried a begging maneuver to by time. "Please, I really don't want a hassle with any of you, really I'm just wasting your time." I go for my door handle, but just as expected, I'm stopped by Carl speaking up.
"How do we know your telling the truth." He asks. His hand rested on the outside of his jacket atop a pistol.
I eyed his hand then back to his face. He removed his hand when he noticed he revealed where his weapon was. Oh and how I love guns. "You don't." I finally answered. "All I know is that you will be hearing from Arnold in Siberia when I get there." I reached for my handle again.
"You seem to be in a hurry Hexacious..." Carl stated warily.
"Yeah, I'd like to go back to my flat to relax. I've been hunting all morning." I lied. They raised their eyebrows and their hands went over their hidden guns again. "For animals, in the woods. Gosh..." I reassured. They relaxed their stances.
I sighed and took in a breath through my nose. I sniffed a couple times more to be sure of what I just smelled. I flicked my head towards their car that was on the other side of mine. I looked through my cars windows to their cars window that Philipa had just rolled down. What was one of the Onyx's doing here? Our councils aren't suppose to mix!
My eyes turned red with anger and I flicked my head back to the two in front of me. "What is she doing here? In your car?" I demanded.
Benjamin quickly walked to her window and whispered her to roll it up and that she wasn't suppose to do that.
"She's our contact. For now." Carl explained plainly.
"Hiding things from me." I whispered under my breath. "I was told to- I killed all of those hunters to save another one of my kinds life, and now-now your siding with them?!" I asked him, gesturing to Philipa.
"We got valuable information from a source that your were going rogue on the council..." Tyrel spoke up.
"Okay, I know that your source is obviously her you don't have to be mysterious about it, and I just explained that I'm not going rogue on the council... I'm going to Siberia."
"Your not giving us the truth Hexacious." Carl said narrowing his eyes at me.
That little wretch probably blabbered her mouth off to the council as soon as she could. But why were these so close to where I'm staying? Shouldn't they be at the capital? They must have been keeping tabs on me. I lowered my head, acting out guilt. "Okay. I guess I haven't been truthful..." I sighed dramatically. "You won't be hearing from Arnold in Siberia..." I heard Tyrel scoff as if he knew that all along. Silly man. "You'll be hearing from Dominik." I looked and gave them a cunning smile. To my delight they looked confused and frustrated. I opened the door to my car, hopped in, and drove off. I went left onto Concrete Sauk Valley road and then took another left at cedar street where the suburbian houses were, taking a detour because I know that the men I use to work with will be watching where I go. Hopefully Amber is already there.
I can't believe that they got-and took-information from Philipa of all people. They are the ones going rogue, they are not suppose to congregate with the other councils. Maybe they plan to combine them, since the dragons council is getting so small and the hunters society is growing rapidly. But that would mean that the Hunters plan to wipe out what's left of our council then we would be easier to control. Maybe. I've been wrong before.
I drove quickly up the school hill knowing very well that Carl and the others were following pretty close behind. I hope Ambers ready. I didn't see her on the hill so I expected she was already there. As I came to the top of the hill I saw her waiting right where I wanted her. I skidded up beside her and told her to get in. She got in without question. I began to drive again, down a narrow road that led to two houses. A dirt road led back down to the highway to my left. And another road led somewhere behind the air port at my right. I turned to the left behind a patch of woods so the other guys wouldn't see me sitting there and catch up to me while I thought this out. There is only one other way I could go and they'll figure that out pretty quickly.
The road at my left was private land, I could faintly see a yellow guard bar that locked across the way. If I go thru here their indict thought would be to go right because of this lock gate. I began to drive down the dirt path when up ahead I saw the yellow bar across the way getting closer. I kept driving.
Amber gripped her seat. "Hex-Hex!" She yelled noticing the bar ahead. "Your gonna hit the gate! Stop! Stop!"
I did my best to ignore her and kept going. As we got close enough and Amber closed her eyes and with with the lift of two fingers I raised the lock and the gate swung open. I looked back for a quick moment to close and lock the gate really quick so Carl and the others don't even think for a minute that I went this way. I kept driving down the bumpy and winding dirt path. Amber had a tight hold of the handle that hangs above the window until her knuckles got white. I could hear her heart beating, it was beating so hard I felt like it was beating in my chest.
"Hex, slow down!" She yelled. We came around a corner to be met by another yellow gate. Amber covered her eyes a squealed like a pig.
Instincts kicked in and I opened the gate with my mind. I stopped at the stop sign right in front of us leading back onto the highway with a jolt. We took a breather for a moment. I looked back and willed the gate back, closed and locked. I sat back with my head back in my chair.
"What was that?" Amber yelped next to me. I just wish she would not not talk right now. "Why did we go that way? Are we being chased or something-I didn't see anyone behind us! We could have died! Are you crazy?!" She yells at me.
I let my frustration out with a sigh and abruptly turned to her with my arm on my seat. "Why yes, I am. Why do you ask?" I asked cocking my head to the side.
She almost looked fearful of me at first, then she made an annoyed look, tired of my games. "This isn't a joking matta Hex! Who's following us?" She asked, that British accent coming back. Her face became perplexed as why that had happened.
I leaned forward on the stealing wheel and looked out onto the road. I could have told her that her father probably kept his accent and since she is an Elder, like her father, the accent is slowly coming through because of her close roots to Britain. But, I don't want to change the subject and waste time.
"Hunters?" She asked quietly.
"No, but Onyx was with them. They are...henchman from the council." I worded carefully. "They came to see what I was doing here in Concrete."
"Why?" She asked.
I closed my eyes and mentally sighed. Curious, so curious so. "I use to work with the council, our council. But I got tired of being told what to do, and came back to Dragolya without notice. So they came looking. And with the help of Onyx, they found me..."
It was silent for a moment before a loud voice hit my sensitive ears. "I told you! I told you! You let her go, but it's coming back to bite you!" She yeld loudly in my small car. I winced and slowly looked at her in annoyance. She regretted yelling at me and sat back. "Sorry." She mumbled.
I sighed. "Could you just..." I held out my hand. "Give me my Coke, please..."
She gave my Coke from the black plastic bag. I twisted the plastic cap that callused my hand and took a quick swig of my drink. I sighed. How does Dragolya deal with her? "You know what?" I mumbled, not really talking to her. "Let's just go back to Dragolya and Mistory to start practice, yeah?"
She nodded and was quiet the whole way there, probably sensing that I was getting irritated.

************************************************
Hey! I hope you weren't confused, this is Hexacious' point of view.

Please vote if you enjoyed this chapter!