C 1: Watch Necklace

IU POV~~

"Hey honey! It's been forever since you last visited!" My mom said while letting me inside the house. "Yeah! I know it been 3 years since I last saw you and dad! You still look great!" "Oh honey what do you mean by great? I aged a lot during those three years! But look at you! You are still gorgeous!"

"Thank you omma but the reason why I visited was to get some of my belongings I left here." "They must be in the attic, why wont you check later and have dinner with me and your dad huh?" "I would love to! Speaking of dad where is he?" I said looking around the house.

"Your dad is at work sweetie, but don't worry he'll come back in a couple of hours" She said while entering the kitchen. As she was cooking some food for dinner, I decided to look around the house. Wow...still looks the same, hmm I remember running around the house while my dad was chasing me pretending to be a monster. Good times, good times. I went to the hallway and went inside my room I used to sleep at. Wow so empty now, I remember having H.O.T and G.O.D posters hanging on my wall when I was little, but now the walls were just plain white and dull.

"Jieun-ah! Your dad is here! He came earlier than expected." My mom said. I went out of my room and saw my dad standing in the middle of the living room. "A-appa!" I cried and ran to hug him. "I missed you so much gijibeya!" He said while caressing my hair. "Nado appa...nado." "Aishh stop being so emotional and lets eat dinner already!" My mom said looking pissed. "Aigoo~ arraseo arraseo" My dad said while breaking the hug and make way into the kitchen as I follow him.

"Woow!! Omma you didn't have to make this much food!" I said while looking at the table full of deliciousness. "Wae?? Nae aegi (My baby) should eat well." My mom said giving me a bowl of rice. "Sit down and eat gijibe. Make sure to eat a lot!!" My dad says while motioning me to sit. "Ne appa~~"

"So...Jieun-ah do you have a boyfriend?" My mom asks me. I stopped eating...I mean I know she wants me to have a boyfriend but my job is important to me right now. "No not yet..." "Aigoo you need to hurry up and get a boyfriend so you can get married and have kids. I want to have grandchildren."

"Mianhe omma but right now my job is important to me...this job is my dream job and I achieved it. If I want to have a boyfriend then I will find one but right now, I'm focused on my job." "That's right yeobo if she wants a boyfriend then she will take care of it herself" my dad said siding with me. "Aigoo arraseo" she said and continue to eat. Daebak...I can't believe I stood up against my mom, if my dad wasn't here then she would've beaten my ass already.

Once we were done eating I decided to go look for my belongings in the attic. "Be careful up there, there's a lot of bugs up there you know." my dad says while holding the latter so I won't fall on my butt. "Gwenchana appa I'm not scared of them anymore."

"Wow my little girl is not scared anymore" "Well I'm not so little anymore" I said as I made it to the top. "Okay appa I'm up here now thanks for holding the latter" "No problem call me when you're coming back down okay" "Okay" I said as I watch him leave. Now lets get searching.

Now the thing that I left behind was actually a necklace, it had my initials on it LJE. The necklace was very special to me because my grandma gave it to me.

While my family was dealing with money problems my parents was always out of the house at their workplace to clear our debt, and while that was happening my grandma was the only one to take care of me. She would cook food for me, do my clothes for me, she would do anything for me just so I can be happy. I remember at the hospital where she was lying down on the bed diagnosed with cancer.

~~Flashback~~

"Halmeoni are you going to leave me?" I said while holding her hands and crying. "Aigoo don't worry aemi ah I won't go anywhere trust me." She said while looking at me.