.4.

"You off?" My co-worker Samia asked.

"Yes. I cannot wait to go home, shower & hop in bed." I said counting my tips. I was not having a good day at all today.

"Shit I got 4 more hours. I'll see you tomorrow." Samia said grabbed her drinks then walking off.

"Alright." I smiled then clocked out. On my way out my phone vibrated in my purse. I hurried & grabbed it out to answer it but it was just my mom. I was hoping & praying it was Trey.

I haven't heard from him since the day he left my house. He never came back or called to tell me he couldn't make it or nothing. I feel stupid as hell.

I called my mom back on my way home & talked to her so that I can keep my mind off of things. Once I made it home I told her I love her then got off the phone & took a shower.

After I was out & dressed I grabbed some chips & dip then sat on the couch & pigged out. I watched tv & ate & didn't even notice I ate the whole bag until I reached in & didn't grab anything but crumbs.

I looked down at my phone light up because it was ringing. I rolled my eyes at the name that popped up on the screen. It's been 1 whole week. Why do he decide to call now?

Me- Hello

Trey- Hey what up

Me- Stuff. Why?

Trey- I was just thinking about you. I missed you, how you been?

Me- I bet you were. But I'm doing great

I'm not going to lie but I missed him too, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

Trey- Foreal ma. I'm sorry I haven't been hitting you up I just had a lot of shit to handle before I even thought about making us work

Me- Us?

Trey- Yeah us. So there's no us no more?

Me- I don't know, you tell me. You the one who went missing, not me

Trey- You already know my answer & I already told you why that happened

Me- If you have that much baggage that it needed to take you a whole week to even say hi to me, then I don't think I want an us.

Trey- That's my fault, I'm sorry. What can I do to prove to you that I really do want this?

Me- Don't ask me just show me. It just better be worth my while & I'm mad so you're going to be trying for a long time

Trey- That's cool. I'll do whatever I gotta do starting tonight. Can I pick you up? Foreal this time

Me- I don't know. Can I trust you

Trey- If you let me prove it to you then you won't ever have to ask me that question again

Me- I guess

Trey- Ok. I'll be there around 7:30 so be ready

Me- Ok

Trey- Alright I'll see you then

Me- Mhm

I hung up & smiled. I threw out my empty chip bag & put the bean dip in the fridge & went to find something to change into.

Like always I never know what I want to wear for any occasion so I was looking for almost 30 minutes before I made my decision.

I got dressed, did my hair, then sat on the couch texting while I waited. I first checked on Lani since she's been gone for what seems like forever so I just wanted to make sure she was ok.