"thanks." Niall smiled up at the cute Asian waitress, handing her his menu. Harry didn't let the glance he saw Niall pass at her breasts go to waste.

"she's fit." Niall said, raising his eyebrows at Harry.

"not my type." Harry quipped back, bringing his cup toward him for a quick drink.

they were in the heart of Thailand today, enjoying all the city had to offer, the sights, smells, and feelings that it brought with them. it was quaint here, but hectic, felt like sleeping but with a dream so incredibly crazy that you weren't quite sure you'd actually experienced it.

that's what Thailand felt like.

Thailand felt like Niall, so incredibly hectic and messy and insane that Harry had to wonder if he was actually real, actually in front of him, actually next to him, actually breathing.

he was a blessing.

they were in a little tea shop name vivica's right now, the walls were soft green, the cups were white, and Niall was happy. and that's all Harry needed.

"I thought you didn't have a type?" Niall asked, pouring a packet of sweet n low into his tea. he looked dazzling today, sweaty and pink and baby faced, Harry thought.

"don't. just know what I find cute n not, ya know?" he said back, pushing his curls out of his eyes and adjusting his sunglasses on his sweaty nose.

"right." Niall said quizzically, nodding, and sipping his steaming tea.

"s'hot t'day." the blonde sighed, fanning his shirt back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

"very." Harry mumbled, and watched his tea, simmer and steam and rest.

he listened to the idle conversations the other attendees had, hearing the soft mumble of English and Thai surround him, the two swirling uncomfortably in his stomach, an odd mixture of a language.

"I like Natalie Louise." Niall said, getting out mediocre conversation and cutting into Harry's thought.

he cleared his itchy throat.

"M'too. she seems nice, and she's very pretty." Harry said, thinking about Natalie's pretty face. he wasn't into her, no he really wasn't into women, he hadn't been for awhile, but the only person who knew that was his mom.

in high school, Harry was popular, very popular. invited to every party, hung out with every girl, played football (no not soccer) but football. he was the quarterback, so naturally every girl wanted him.

he'd slept with a total of 16 women in high school, but none of them felt right. he'd dated two, but it still never felt right. he realized he wasn't into women. but he wasn't gonna come out, people were scared of gays, scared of difference, scared of AIDS, mainly.

so he'd kept it a secret.

"shame she's got a boyfriend." Niall sighed, and once again Harry was pulled out of his thoughts.

"he seems nice, I guess."

"we've never met 'em."

"oh, yeah. sorry M'just distracted."

"I can tell." Niall leveled and shot a smile Harry's way.

no one else really knew him better than Niall, honestly.