s

in this story, unlike Bare and Unnatural, Niall and Harry have known each other for years, which is why I choose not to recap on their friendship. the both of them are around 18. the two of them are driving to go find Harry's real mother and father who live in Thailand, so most of this is set there. this is told in Harry's POV, and like all my other stories it contains smut, language, and fluff so good you'll cry (at least I hope). this is set in the eighties bc fave decade, and in that time it is more or less frowned upon to be gay. this is a story inspired by Collar Full by P!ATD, so I suggest you take a listen as to why I chose the song.

I hope you enjoy, and I love u all!

"fuck, it's way too hot to be doing this, Ni." Harry mumbled, wiping the sweat from his brow. he twisted his arm back and loosely tugged on his shirt, hoping to get a breeze drafting up the back of his sticky sweaty shirt.

it was probably close to midday, and the blazing heat of the Oregon sun shone down on the two like a spotlight. Harry was hot, tired, and exhausted, but needed to get this task done. he and Niall had been working for what felt like months.

"well, if ya wanna hitch a ride to the airport we kinda have to get it done." Niall grunted back, heaving on a wire attached to his motorcycle.

Harry sighed, knowing he had a duty to do in order to go and get to his flight.

today he was flying out to Thailand with his best friend of fourteen years, Niall. the two of them had met at a young age and hit it off. sure they fought and argued, but at the end of the day the only person who kept Harry same was his favorite Irish bastard.

he wiped more sweat off his brow; this time from stress. he was finally gonna meet his real mom and pops.

Harry was adopted and wanted to meet his real parents, so his momma told him when he turned eighteen she'd set him free with two airline tickets, $20,000, and an envelope full of stamps. so, seeing as Harry turned eighteen three months ago and school ended two days ago, it was finally time for Harry to rekindle a relationship with his birth mother and father.

"think it's ready." Niall coughed, wiping his oily hands on the front of his blue jeans.

"test it out." Harry mumbled, adjusting his bandana and trying to keep himself from inhaling the upkicking dust and grime from the deserted ground.

niall's boots scuffed, sending loose rubble into the air, and revved the engine of the Harley. the throttle pumped, and Harry swore the whole damn Oregon ground shook. his throat rattled, his hair blew, and niall's laugh surrounded the plane.

Harry cheered, throwing his hands up and yelling, the motorcycle finally worked after seven years of it sitting in his adoptive mom, Zana's, basement.

Niall drove it in donuts, spinning the bike into numerous circles before turning around and driving straight back to Harry's reformed frame.

"you did it!" Harry shouted, his leather boots running after the bike.

"you really really did it!" he jeered, feeling the bike rumble closer to him as Niall geared it into park.

Harry grinned at the blonde dismounting the bike, watching him tousle his hair and throw his rag into his back pocket.

"Bruce Springsteen wannabe." Harry taunted, shoving Niall in the shoulder.

"aw, piss off."

"so, how about that ride?"

"you're on."

and the two raced back to the bike, the retreating Oregon sun setting behind them, their hair flying in every direction, and Harry pockets heavier with the promise and intention of finally figuring out where he came from and what these next few months had in store for him. one hell of a journey, but really, who else would he rather have experience it with him than his best friend?