TWELVE

"What the hell are you doing there?", Tommaso asks firmly.
Malaica took double steps just to catch up with him.
"Are you talking to me?", she asks sarcastically with heavy breathing.
He did a glance at her.
"Who else do you think? stupid.", in his low but pissed tone.
"Do you have to cuss?", she asked sourly.

They both reach where his car is with Roberto standing beside it. Tommaso faces her.

"Don't dare play along with Leandro. You don't know what he's capable of.", he said looking straight into her hazel eyes. That glows like gold under the sun.
"Oh, I'm just trying to meet his guts. That friend of yours has such arrogance as high as yours.", she said with disgust then saw his furrowed expression.
"I-I mean as high as your height.", she stuttered. If only her brain functions well than her mouth.
He had closed his eyes in annoyance.
"Tu sei una donna cosi stupida", he muttered under his breath.
"Excuse me?", she said irritatingly.
He ignores her. He instead gets into the backseat of the car.
When Malaica is about to open the front door Roberto spoke.
"Miss Uzman, I'm sorry but I think you have to sit at the back.", Roberto said. Malaica saw some plastic bags in the front seat. She sighs with exasperation. Then sat lazily at the back, beside Tommaso. She sticks herself to the very corner as possible. That made Tommaso confused. He is used to his woman mostly on his lap or too close beside him, and this one seems so frigid and prim.

Her eyes were on the road while Tommaso was on his phone.

Leandro texted.
"I would love to have a visit with that lovely lady with youWhere's her placeCan I know her mobile?

He groan with annoyance then glanced at the lady beside him who happened to look at him too.

"Mr. Piasco asks for your number.", he said flatly.

"Excuse me?who?".

Tommaso rolls his eyes.
"Your admirer down there at the hotel's restaurant.", reminded her. Too young for Alzheimer's.

She doesn't talk. How she hates him stating like a psycho lover, admirer..it disgusts her.

"Next time choose when to open your mouth Uzman. A man like Leandro would ride every woman who interests him."

"So he's another sort of a pervert too.", she stated flatly.

"Too? and what do you mean by that woman?", he asks with anger while forcefully pushing a button that closes the front from them. Now she's certain how frightened she is. His piercing dark gray eyes glared at her.

"I don't know. I don't mean anything Mr. Zetticci.", she said in a shaky voice."Can you open that thing there?", she asked pointing to the front thick glass that distances them from Roberto.

He keeps staring at her. As if studying her. He saw her fidgeting.

"Do it.", with his challenging voice. The button is at his window side. For her to press it, she needs to cross around in front of him. Possibly wrap her arms around his torso to reach it.

"It would be easier for you Mr. Zetticci.", she said trying hard to hide the anger.

"But it's you who want it, right.", while smirking.

Fine, you're handsomeAs you grin, smirk, angry and pissed.Everything.And it's so annoyingshe sighed. Giving up on what she wanted.

"Astagfirullah", she said while closing her eyes.

"You're saying?", Tommaso in his confused look.

She quickly turns her gaze at him.

"That Leandro, he was just kidding, right?"

"Sometimes."

"And today can be his 'sometimes' right?"

"I don't think so.", he said while staring at her small face. Wonder if, is she frightened of Leandro.

"Of course, he is kidding. He's too good-looking and maybe too wealthy to be bothered by me. Someone like me.", she said.

Tommaso saw a hint of sadness in her eyes.
Wondering for what.

"Your psycho lover is handsome and rich too.", he said trying to mock her. He loves how she reacts to that man.

"Please stop reminding me about him. You're making my death in haste.", she said while sighing.

He laughs softly. She snap at him confused.

"If he doesn't have any wives, would you consider him?", he asks suddenly.

"No."

"Why?"

"Isn't that too fairytale, a rich man and poor girl or the other way around?", while laughing bitterly.

He looks at her thoughtfully.
"You hate rich people. That's why you hate Mariana.", he said while resting his back.

"As I said, I don't hate her."

"Where is that coming from?", now it interests him. He gave his attention to her while arms against his chest.

"Nothing.", she said while eyes back on the outside of the window.

"Come on. Is there a 'rich someone' you love that doesn't feel the same towards you?"

Malaica slowly looks at him with confusion.
"You mean unrequited love, Mr. Zetticci."
She heard him laugh.
"Oh, so you know about those things Uzman. Such a romantic, are we?", he said mocking the flushed lady.
"Better than being a..pervert pig.", she said mimicking how his tone talking to her. And almost blurt it out.
"I will let that pass Uzman. But don't get used to it that much.", he said while peeking at his phone.
"What? I didn't say anything. ", she wonders if he could read someone's thoughts too.
He just glared at her.

They've been quiet for a while.
He is persistent, he thought while reading his messages.
"Hand me your phone. ", he suddenly said to Malaica.
She ignores him.
"Hand it to me or I'll get it by myself.", he said.
He smirk seeing her obliged.
"Are you crazy?!", he yelled. Her phone landed on his stomach as she throw it at him.
She just looks outside her window. He sometimes does peek at her. Wondering how Rakim raises her into a stubborn and bratty woman. Then the car halted. And Roberto is about to open the door for Malaica but the fuming lady has already open it harshly. Roberto just watches her walking inside the house wondering. Then followed by a pissed look of Tommaso.

Tommaso followed her through the kitchen. She took a bottle of water from the fridge. And while drinking the bottle Tommaso throws her phone at her.
It came unnoticed to her. While trying to save her phone from falling the water spills into her mouth that almost chokes her.Leaving her dress wet.
Martha who witnessed what happened is in shock.
"Are you crazy?!", Malaica yelled.
"You started it.", he said with a smirk." My number is at 1 and 2 is Roberto. In case you don't want to be bothered by your psycho boyfriend or by your persistent new admirer. ", he said. He almost laugh seeing her covering her ears as he mentioned those men.
"Will you stop talking about them. ", she said then storm off from the kitchen.
"Why? am I making your death in haste?", he shouted at her as she stomp off from the kitchen.
Tommaso took a bottle of water from the fridge.
Such a sweet tease. , he thought with a smile on his face.
"Stop teasing her. You're enjoying much of making her upset.", Martha said while giving him coffee.
"I can't help it Martha if she's grouchy. ", he said then sip his coffee.
"She's a sweet girl Tommaso."
"No. She is like a grumpy grandma.", he said.
Martha just shook her head. But somehow appreciates Tommaso's concern towards Malaica. She still could feel the concern beyond those teasings.