SEVEN

Malaica hugs Rakim tightly. After calling him she waited in the room she was provided with.
"Are you okay now? Have you eaten?", Rakim asks as he pulls away but holds her still.
Malaica nodded and her eyes moist remembering everything that happened with Qasim.
"Don't worry hun, he will never get a chance to get near you again. I promise you that.", Rakim said hugging her back."Now tell me have you eaten? I brought some food for you."
Malaica smiled.
"I guess I'm hungry, but Raki we need to go home.", she said. Being in someone's house is uncomforting for her.
Rakim sigh.
"Not this time Lai. I'm looking for another place for us to stay. When I got home last night to get some things of yours everything was a mess."
Malaica's eyes go wide in shock.
"Why? if it's Qasim, what was he looking for?", just now she felt more frightened. Thinking what if she's there?
"I don't know. I guess he just warned us. That's why we don't need to go back there. Some of our things were at Roberto's house."
She nodded then got confused.
"Where we will be staying in the meantime?", she asked.
"I'll figure that out later hun. But now, you should eat first. Sir Tommaso wants to talk to me now. Have you met him?"
"I think I did.", she said warily.
Rakim smile. Then kiss Malaica's forehead. With a thought that no way would Qasim lay his hand on her ever again. Blood would spill if anything happens to his only sister and only family.
"Okay, eat now.", as he hands her the bag that contains food. And he went out.

"What was that last night Rakim?", Tommaso directly ask. They were in his library, sitting across from each other on the couch. Rakim could feel his boss's interest in the incident.
"I'm sorry about last night Sir Tommaso. And thank you for saving her. I c-can handle everything Sir.", he said while heads planning how to get rid of Qasim.
"I'm asking what was that all about last night. I'm not asking how you will deal with it. I wanna know who is he, what he wants?", Tommaso said sternly. He know it wasn't an ordinary misunderstanding.
"We owe him money. I had paid him half our debt little by little but since he saw Malaica he refused my payment for the other half of my debt. He wanted Malaica as his wife, third wife.", rage can be seen in his eyes.
They've been quiet for a while.
"I don't think he'll stop.", Tommaso said finally. Thinking about how he saw Qasim looking at Rakim's sister.
"But I won't give Malaica to him. I will kill him first.", Rakim replied.
Tommaso knew him well, the reason why he hire him and now whom he trusted Alfonso's life.
"To make you feel at ease, you can let your sister stay here until you can solve that out.", he said. He thinks his sister won't mind cause there's another woman in the house, his maid. And his sister's security would mean security also for his brother. He wants Rakim to focus on his assigned work.

"I think I have to ask my sister first Sir Tommaso if you don't mind.", Rakim said lowly. He knew Tommaso as not so fond of any person not related to him, loitering in his house. Aside from his maids and bodyguards.

"Raki, it would be fine if you'll be here too. You will leave me here?Alone?", Malaica with wide eyes. It's just not comforting for her to live in a stranger's house. A man's house specifically. It's not that he'll harm her, it's just not right. It's so indecent on her part.
"Hun, I'll be escorting his younger brother just in the meantime. And with you here, that would make my work easier. Roberto can drop and pick you off from school. Please hun, with you here I'll be at ease. And I'll make sure to come here in my every free time.", Rakim pleads. He admits this is the safest place for Malaica against Qasim.

Malaica sigh. Somehow, she understands Rakim's point.

"Hun, I promise. When we don't have a problem with Qasim we'll find a place of our own. Okay?", Rakim said hoping she'll understand.
"Did he agree?", she mean the owner of the house.
"You mean sir Tommaso?".
Malaica nodded.
"It's his idea while I'll have to clear things up with Qasim.

After a brief silence, Malaica spoke.
"Okay.", she nodded with a sigh.
Rakim hugs her.
"Thank you hun. And don't worry Martha, his house help is a very nice woman. And she has a son about your age ".

"What will I do here? I can't cook.", she said. It's her way of somehow to payback for staying here.
"Well, you can accompany Martha. Or clean the house or outside.", Rakim grins. He had treated Malaica as the princess in their house. She will work only if she wants. Mostly, he took all the household chores.

Later that night Rakim took all Malaica's school things, clothes, and her things from Roberto's house. She occupied the guestroom on the ground floor. It's not the previous room where she had slept. But the guestroom is still beautiful and clean. It's smaller compared to the room upstairs but it's still a big one. It has its bathroom and big cupboards. And she only has a few clothes and shoes. It doesn't even fill half of the cupboards.

She then meets the househelp, Martha. She's in her early fifties. She already feels her as a mother. She's a nice and gentlewoman. His son is in college and soon to be an engineer. He is Mr. Zetticci's scholar in his school.

"Ernest will finish his college by end of this school year. And Sir Tommaso will ready him for his future job.", Martha cheerfully said while preparing her lunch.
"Me too. It's my last year in college. And I'll have my on-job-training at Mr. Zetticci's company.", she said while eating Martha's own made potato fries with cheese while she was still cooking their lunch.

Rakim had left for Tommaso's brother. And let Malaica rest for this day. It's Friday, and she doesn't argue with Rakim to have her rest for today. She already had called the worried Melody.

"I'll just serve the lunch dear.", Martha said soon as she finished.
"I'll help you.", Malaica is about to stand when Martha put her back on the chair.
"Sit child. I don't want any hands around the kitchen. I'll ask when I need one, okay?", she said smiling at her. Malaica smiled back.

"I'm taking my lunch here Martha.".

Malaica gasped hearing a deep voice behind her.

"Okay Sir Tommaso.", Martha left smiling.

Then Malaica feel him pass behind her and she smelled his manly scent. Then he sat across her. She then feels confused if she'll have to stand, and greet him knowing he is the owner of the house.