NINE

Malaica went to the opposite hallway of her room the guest room, for the library in the house. She brought a tray with four cups of coffee. When she reaches the door after a long walk in the hallway she knocks. Then she later opens it and roams her eyes on the inside. It's a huge library. It looks more of an office. The three-man and a lady were at the right corner at a coffee table and two sleek sofas. She then slowly towards them. And their talking stops as she put the cups one by one. She hates the idea to bend almost beside them. She feels the eyes of the two men watching her every move. She turns to the opposite sofa for the lady. And now at the head side for the old jerk who she caught watching her. And she hated it more cause she have to be a bit closer to him to be able to put his coffee on the table. And possibly brush each side.
"Problem Uzman?", Tommaso raises his brow seeing the hesitant acts of Malaica on putting his coffee. His companion was already looking at her with naughty grins on their faces.
"I-I c-cant fit in there Mr. Zetticci. If you don't mind can you get your coffee from the tray.", she said as she stood beside him but not that close.
Everyone's gaze was now on Tommaso the latter looking thoroughly at the girl whose gaze was on the floor. Seems like he's enjoying her discomfort.
"Pour me a brandy instead.", he said firmly. The lady shook her head.
She turns her gaze abruptly to Tommaso.
"I c-cant. I am not allowed to touch or smell any alcoholic drink Mr. Zetticci. I'll just call Ernest.", she said politely. She heard a low 'oh' from Tommaso's companion. Then the lady stood and took her coffee from Tommaso.
"You can leave now dear."

After saying thank you she left the room. But before she could close the door she heard the lady speak.
"You're playing the already startled little girl Tommaso."

She sighs as she closes the door.
Don't he think he's too old to play like that?
She shook her head and then headed back to the kitchen for the tray. Then excuse herself for her room.

She busied herself studying her notes. Then after an hour, she drifted off to a peaceful slumber.

She was awake by her phone's alarm. It's four in the morning. It's time for Asr.

After an hour she sleeps again.
She awakes by eight in the morning and does the ablution and prays for fajr.

After showering, she went off from her room. It's Saturday.No class. She wonders if the old cold man has no work too. She pray he had.

She went directly to the kitchen to accompany whatever Martha is doing.

"Good morning Martha. How can I help you today?", she said merrily. Martha is on the stove.

"Good morning too. That would be fine dear. But after you have your coffee.", Martha said sweetly and was about to make one for her.

"It's okay Martha. And thanks", as she sat on a high bench across Martha.

"Maybe I'll do some cleaning.", she suggests while sipping her coffee.

"If you insist dear. You can start at the library."

Then came Ernest with sweats all over his face and sweatshirts.

"Good morning.", he said while getting a juice from the fridge. Then sat beside Malaica.

"You jog?", Malaica asks while dragging her chair a little further from Ernest.
Ernest smiled as he noticed what she was doing.
He nodded."You should try. It's good for our body to sweat early in the morning.", he said.
Malaica smile. She would love to. But she can't do it with him alone.

"Maybe one of these days.", she said shyly. She could feel his stares.

"Son, stop staring at her. Aside from its not right, she's already blushing.", Martha that sounds more teasing than lecturing.

Both Ernest and Malaica's faces were pink.

"What do we have here?", Tommaso came in that made Malaica startled. She had taken a glance at him. He looks more sweaty than Ernest. Then he sat on the other side of Malaica. She's now in between Ernest and him. Now she doesn't know what to do. She moves her chair a little away from Tommaso.
Martha gives him his orange juice.
Martha and Ernest greeted him but he only answer with a nod.

"Sir Tommaso we need some groceries now.", as Martha washes some cooking utensils.

"Roberto will take you after breakfast.", Tommaso said.

"C-can I come with you, Martha? I need some things to buy.", Malaica said looking at Martha then quickly looking down when Tommaso turn his gaze on her.

"That would be fine dear."

Ernest excuses himself for a shower.

"Put her expenses on my account to Martha.", Tommaso said.

Malaica spoke before Martha.

"It's okay Mr. Zetticci. My brother send an amount for me yesterday.", she said looking at him.

She meets his dark gray eyes. His gaze is like a laser piercing all over her face, down to her mouth. And it made her flush.

He stood.
"Martha, let her take whatever she needs and put it in my account.", he said firmly and emphasizing the last six words while looking at Malaica.

Martha stifled a laugh while nodding. Then he storms off from the kitchen. Malaica stood following him.

"I insist Mr. Zetticci.", she said as he followed him panting. He had followed him this far, from quiet staircases. And too late to think, she was already inside his bedroom. He turns towards her. She then quickly took steps backward nervously. But he's quicker to close the door before she could reach for it. And his hand covers the door's lock. She quickly took a side step away from the door. She saw him smirk. As she's distant from the door Tommaso leans against it.

"What was that again Uzman?", he asked while staring at the startled lady.
"I insist to pay all my necessities Mr. Zetticci.", she said while eyes on the ground.
"And what did I say about it?", still staring at her.
She look up then shook her head once.Reminding herself not to stare at him.
"L-let me go out.", she said.
"Not until you answer me.", he said while arms crossed against his chest.
He heard her sigh.
"Please..", Malaica again.
"Then answer me.", he said sternly then a smirk.

After a short while.
"Okay..now can I go out?"
He don't talk.She had to force herself to look at him.
Then he steps a little enough to open the door.
"Sure you can.", he said with a smirk while gesturing a hand towards the door.
She can't get out without brushing his body which stood at the door frame.
But got no choice left. Unless she wants to get stuck with him for another minute.
She walks towards the door and slightly brushes his front upper body by her side.

He gasps as her body brushes against him. Then he sighs in frustration.