FOUR

Malaica awakes by the noise outside.A continous loud knocks on their door.She yawned, put her hijab on and went out from her room.She took a peek at their wall clock.Its past 11.Then got alarmed.
What if its Qasim outside?She's all alone today.

"Open the goddam door Rakim.", Malaica heard someone outside.
Its a woman's voice.
Somehow she was relieved .
As she open the door, smell of liquor stunk out her senses.She covered her nose.
Its Mariana.Behind her is a man in suit, that she believe her driver or bodyguard.Who seem got embarrassed with his employers' acts.
Such a disgrace, coming into a man's place in this godly hour and drunk.And wearing such a skimpy clothes.
"There you are the ever prim and proper Maleyka?", in her trying hard to talk straight.Showing her sarcastic smile but eyes holds pain.

"Its Malaica Miss Zetticci.Rakim is not here.And I believe you and him had nothing to talk about.", she said trying to be polite and calm.

"Y-yeah of course bitch..", Mariana said with disgust.
Malaica got taken aback of the word Mariana gave her.No one she remembered had said to her like that.The man again plead Mariana to be calm and get home.But the latter just pushes the man away.
"You're the reason Rakim gave me up.Why can't you just live on your own fucking life and stop being an asshole to Rakim?Are you not ashame?at your age you're still depending on him?shame!", Mariana said without a halt.While pointing a finger on Malaica.
The man in suit had drag Mariana away before Malaica could not react.Who the latter shouted twice 'bitch' to her.

Malaica is holding her tears and grace.Trying not to stoop low at the drunk woman.Somehow Mariana's words hit her.But what can she do, she and Rakim had promised to have each others back since their family gone.Rakim never gave her up, so no way that she'll gave him up too.Not even Mariana, now that she had proven herself just how worthless she is.

Malaica got a hard time going back to sleep again.She didn't bother to text or call Rakim about what happened.
Rakim don't usually go home every night.But if he wasn't around, he calls often during meal time to remind her, every morning, or at night.He usually check on her.

"Its already 8:30, you're still at home?", Rakim ranting on the other line.
"Yeah, yeah I know because of your nonesense ex..Actually I'm going now.", Malaica said while locking the door and run to the bus stop.She almost trip by the hem of her yellow skirt.It compliments in her pale skin as she paired it with a red hijab.

"What happened?", its still Rakim who refused to end the call while she's not inside the bus yet.That's how protective he is.And its been doubled since the incident with Qasim Ali.
"I just almost trip.", she said panting.
"Lai(her nickname by Rakim), can't you be a little careful?", he said gently this time.
"Of course I am.Maybe I should wear a shorter dress next time.", Malaica kidded, trying to piss Rakim.
"Well that means you can't wear hijab anymore cause surely your head would be retrench by then.", Rakim retorted.

Malaica giggled.She had pictured out Rakim's red face and gritted teeth of anger.

"Time's up.The bus had arrived.", Malaica said while getting up at the bus.
"Okay.Take care hun.Call me when you reach school.", Rakim said still in gentle tone.
"I will Raki.You too, take care."
And both ended the call.

It's her last year in college.And it will be bye-bye for this school.Her school is not that popular school where rich kids go.It's a government university where mostly scholars and middle class kids went.But its a good school.It has five huge school buildings, an auditorium, a canteen and library.

She hurriedly went up to her building.Holding her dress cause she can't afford to trip today, aside from she only got two-minute to make on her first class, students were everywhere.She don't want to embarras her self.When she reach on the second floor, she almost run seeing the back of her teacher approaching to their classroom.

And she made it..panting.Her teacher raise one brow as she caught her.

"Have you found on where to do your OJT?", her teacher asks her.
She needs a 400hrs on-job-training to complete her requirements for graduation.
"Y-yes ma'am.", she replied smiling.
Rakim and her had fought about this last week.She don't want to do it on his boss' office.But he said its the safest place for her, where he can check on her anytime.
"Where exactly Miss Uzman?", Mrs. Golding is always fond of her.Though she's not at the top of the class but she is a consistent and respectful student.
"At Zetticci construction firm.", she said with a shrug.

The teacher nodded and told her to go to her seat now, then the teacher go with the lesson.

"Lucky you.Can you tag me there?", Melody whispers beside her while her eyes at the teacher.
"What's lucky about it?And my brother work for him so I got in.Sorry, I don't think I can help you about that.", she said apologetically.

Melody laugh while gently tap her back which confused her.
"Just kidding.I already have a place for OJT.About Mr. Zetticci, I heard he's a gorgeous and hot rich man.", Melody said grinning.
"I don't know.Haven't got a chance to see him.But I do know he's rich.", she said casually.Thankful that most of the class were chatting, that its not just her and Melody the source of noise.
"Because you're too covered to see and know him.", Melody said smiling.Malaica know she don't mock her religion and clothing.She's one of the nicest girl in school though quiet bold and tactless most of the time.But Melody respects her and extra friendly to her.
Malaica pinch Melody on her side which made the latter squeak in low.Glad their teacher hasn't notice them still.