TWO

Tommaso permitted Roberto to drive Rakim off home.
Rakim asks Roberto to stop awhile at a jewelry store. He was already here last week. He ordered a gold necklace with his sister's name as a pendant.
After a few minutes, he went back to where the car park with a smile on his face.

"What's your sister's age now by the way Rakim?", Roberto asked.
Roberto is like a father to Rakim. He is a caring and sincere man.
"Twenty-two. And it's her last year in college.Inshallah.", Rakim proudly said. His hard work will be paid off by then. He wants to give what's best for her younger sister. He can't be settled into married life without giving everything to Malaica yet. He wants her to finish school, got a job, and be financially stable. That's what he had promised in their parent's graves.
"What's her course?"
"Business management."
"Maybe someday she can work at Sir Tommaso."
"Maybe. But won't it be too much to ask for my sisters' employment.", asking for a favor from Tommaso is not his line. But if he'll offer it will be okay.

Then after twenty minutes, Roberto pulled into a two-story white-painted apartment. It has ten units. It's the cheapest rent but somehow a comfortable and decent place for them. Their unit was on the up floor.
"Thanks, Roberto. Sure you won't drop by?", Rakim said as he gets off the car.
"I have to go back now Rakim thanks for inviting me. And by the way, give this to your sister.", Roberto said while holding a square box.
"What's this?", as Rakim takes the box.
"I spotted a cakehouse while you drop by in a jewelry store.", Roberto said smiling. Then nodded and drive off.

"You're late.", Rakim heard her squeak from the kitchen as he enter.
Rakim looked at his wristwatch.
1:18 pm.
"Well, it's still your day. Happy birthday hun.", as he went to the kitchen for a few steps. He hugs her from her back.
"You aren't cooking, right? Not today that my stomach's worms badly needed to be fed.", he said while getting water from the fridge. Knowing Malaica, her hands were cursed for cooking. Sometimes Rakim wonders if she's a real girl. He can even cook than her.
"Don't worry this is just salads.", she said while preparing the table.
Then Malaica stares at him waiting for some words from him. Rakim sigh and take a seat.
"Mariana and I are finally over.", Rakim said while smiling at Malaica.
It surprises her. She can't believe that her brother would hear her thoughts. She knows it saddened him but she'll pray that someday he'll find a girl who's not as dominant and proud as Mariana. Being a Mariana Zetticci, one of the most famous families in the country, his brother's boss cousin, is the reason Malaica can't let her brother for her. She had met her once, and there she noticed an attitude she don't like. An attitude that would surely not be the type who just listens. And she doesn't like people who'll dominate just because they are above in terms of money and success.
"You know how much I love you. I hope you don't take me this as selfish and insensitive. Inshaallah Raki(her nickname to him) the right one will come.", Malaica said then kiss him.
"Okay grandma.", Rakim said laughing. Though she's younger than him when she's serious she talks like a grandma.
Malaica gently hit his head.
"Let's eat.", she said as she took the opposite seat.
"Roberto bought that cake for you.", as he took some plates, spoons, and forks.
"Oh,.who is he, your new boyfriend?", Malaica said as she settled in a chair.
Rakim was already used to her remarks like this. It's her way of showing guilt for his 'too much' pampering of her as she called.
He was a criminology graduate. And after three months after his graduation, he was offered a private job that paid him to double than being a police officer. Its already been five years working with Mr. Zetticci. And somehow so far, everything went well. Mr. Zetticci might be cold, hard, and insensitive but he's not cruel to his men and to anyone who did no wrong towards him. But he would surely kill for his loved ones and would revenge for his man. One thing that Rakim doesn't agree with about Tommaso, is him being rough and arrogant with women. If he doesn't want them he'll dump or left them without a second thought. He doesn't care if they're hurt, if they'll cry or if they love him so much. He is heartless. Or it could be he hasn't found his significant others yet.

Their parents died ten years ago. Their father got shot mistakenly. Then their mother got a heart attack upon knowing it. They are both left in their grandmother's care. Who died five years ago, being old. Rakim works hard to finish college, provide for their needs, and send Malaica to school. But working hard was not enough so Rakim leave no choice but to lend money from the known ruthless moneylender in their place Qasim Ali. That til now Rakim is still paying. And as possible to keep his sister away from his sight. When he once saw Malaica, Qasim boldly spoke of his admiration and interest in his sister. Qasim is in his early thirties, well built, rich, and a good-looking man that made him have two wives and still women show interest in him. But no way that he can have Malaica.No way even when he's in the grave.

Malaica's eyes grow wide with excitement when she got her present.
"You like it?", as Rakim locked the necklace at the back of her neck.
"Very much. It's so beautiful!.", she exclaimed with happiness.
Rakim gets back to his seat.
"I'm glad you do.", he said while grinning.
"Thank you so much Raki. You should have not, but still thank you so much.", she said happily.
"That wasn't the graduation gift yet.", he said.
"Raki, this is too much. You don't need to.", she said with guilt. Rakim is too loving, protective, and generous to her.
"Hun cut the drama. I'm starving now.", he said jokingly. Malaica giggles. Til both laugh then start to their food.