Chapter 14

Areum's P.O.V

Monday morning and I'm already halfway to school. Sung-Yeol texts me.

Hey there beautiful. Look across the street...

I look up across the street and Sung-Yeol is standing there waving at me, with his cute smile. I smile brightly and speed walk over there.

"Good Morning!" I say cheerfully.

"Good Morning cutie pie" he says back to me, putting his arm around me.

"I was going to wait for you at your house but I didn't know if you were okay with that" he says.

Just seeing him be with me makes me realize how much I do like Sung-Yeol.

"I'm okay with it, don't worry" I say.

We walk to school holding hands. "Hey, jagi, what do we have first period?" He asks playing with my hand as we walk to my locker.

"Uhm... English" I say, "I love English, I find the language quite interesting."

"I like it too!"

"Jinja?" I ask, he's never told me before.

"Yep! I get to sit next to you..."
I blush as I take out my books and put them in my bag.

"I actually got to learn some phrases"

"Like what?" I ask curiously, closing my locker door.

"Uhm... I really like.. My girlfriend.. Areum" he says in his cute English accent.

"Wah!!" My face brightens, "that was really good"

He takes my hand again and we walk towards home room. Never in my life have I seen this side of him.

In the hallway, we're holding hands, walking beside each other and talking. As he's saying something I look up. I see Taehyung eating a lollipop. He's glaring at us.

He's mad.

About what? And why do I feel.. Guilty?

We get to our home room and the bell rings. Our teacher, Mr. Young is taking attendance.

"Kim Taehyung?" He calls after several names.

Not a sound.

He's not here? It's strange but Taehyung never misses Homeroom.

The teacher says aloud "Does anyone know where he might be?"

It stays quiet but my mind immediately thinks. I raise my hand and say "I might.... can I go look for him?"

The teacher nods yes and I make my way out of the room.

I head to the hideout, hoping he'll be there. I open the door and there's no smell of smoke or anything. It's dark in here, I was about to give up and leave but I decided to turn on the lights.

There he was. Sitting by a table just staring at the floor.

"Taehyung-ah, why aren't you in homeroom? Mr. Young is looking for you." I tell him, walking away from the doorway.

"Why are you dating him?" He says without looking up at me.

"Yah, that isn't important okay? It doesn't involve you, if I choose to date Sung-yeol I'm gonna date him. That's my decision and it's my life." I say.

"Areum-ah~..." he trails off. "You shouldn't— you shouldn't be dating that bastard!!" He looks up at me.

"Why should I trust you?" I say to him furiously.

"Areum. You don't know the things he does. What he's done to girls, he's UNTRUSTWORTHY. I-.... I don't want you to get hurt." He says.

"Taehyung, let's go." I say, ignoring his comment and try to get him back.

"No!" He chuckles while walking over to the door while I'm standing there. "If you don't want to use my advice fine. Go. Ahead." He pauses, walks outside of the door and stops. He doesn't face me but he says, "don't come to me when you need a shoulder to cry on."

He walks away.