Chapter 10

~Areum's P.O.V~

What is going on?

Taehyung is leaning in towards me. He's going to kiss me? Kiss him now, forget about it later, like it never happened.

My house door opens. I look over. Its my sister. "Ugh" she says in disgust. I hear Taehyung grunt and he leaves. I think about stopping him but whats the point if my sister is going to drive him away anyway.

I watched him put on his black hoodie, shove his hands in his pockets and walk away. "Get in here you little bitch" my sister says as she drags my wrist and pulls me into the house.

Ow!

"Where the hell were you?" She yells at me. "Where's eomma and appa?" I ask ignoring her question. "Where were you?" She asks again, only louder this time. "I went to get ice cream!"

"You have a bad taste in men, you were gone for like half an hour." She pauses. Tears start dwelling down her face. My entire mood changes.

"The hospital called" she said, her voice shaking.

What for? Was it because of Halmeoni?

"Eomma and appa were in a car accident. The hospital called, there was no one here to answer it.... they..."

I stopped breathing, thinking. I froze.

Don't say it. Please don't say it.

"They didn't make it." She says sobbing.

I gasp for air. My eyes are tearing up and i start bawling.

This can't be happening.

Why?

There was a moment where Nari and I were just crying. But then she spoke up.

"And its all because of you jinda!" She's yelling at me again.

She's right... if I was home, I would've picked up the phone, ran to the hospital with some money to pay for the coverage but instead, I was with Taehyung.. Getting ice cream.

I storm off into my room, slammed the door shut and plopped myself down on my bed. My face filled with tears. I grab my pillow and scream into it.

I figured that if I did that all of my emotions would get out but I'm still sobbing.

Its my fault that my parents are gone. I'm tired of everything. I can't do anything right. I can't even be a good daughter.

I can't do anything right.

I walk over to my bathroom.

Where is it?

I pick up one of the blades from my razor.

Whats the point?

I sit down in my shower, I take a look at my left wrist. The blade touches my skin. It moves slowly from left to right, deeper into my skin. I close my eyes as I feel the burn and the blood run down my arm. I continue crying.

***

Its 7 in the morning. I'm done getting dressed. I make sure that I wear my school's blazer to cover up my marks.

I get to school and I'm greeted by friends. "Annyeonghaseyo Areum-ah!"

"Hey guys.." I say lowly. Automatically their faces change.

"Whats wrong?" Hyori said. I stay quiet and close my locker door. "Who did it?" Hui asked. "No one, just" I start to say, "My-my" my voice is wobbly. "My parents are gone.. they got into a car accident and-theyre gone."