(29) Kanda's rebirth

Kanda (snarls): I still can't believe that you killed me!

Allen (sobs): .......why?

author: it was a necessary progress to the story. After this chapter one more remains.

Kanda: but I am coming back right?

author: yes Yuu you are. I told you last time that this time Allen will be the one to bring you back.

Allen: it makes sense seeing how you saved me from death twice.

author (throws hands up): yes!

Lavi: scrletfyre claim no rights or don't claim to own any of the characters featured from the D Gray-Man series as this story is completely her own idea.

Special keys: "regular human speech", 'thinking', *telepathy/mental speech*, {aquadic telepathic commands}, (author notes), bold - Noah/Mugen talking, italic - mermaid speech, [other speech], CAPS LOCK - ATTACKS

twenty nine - Kanda's rebirth

Allen's tears never stopped falling as both Mugen and Kanda laid lifeless. Allen screamed out Kanda's name to no avail. Suddenly both Lavi and King Alma entered the area finding Allen back in his true form crying jewel tears.

"Allen.........what happened? Where's Prince Kanda and that chubby man?" asked Lavi as he ran to the merman's side. Allen opened his mouth to speak but then quickly shut it. With him and Noah visibly weakened he could only speak in his true voice. Allen pointed at Kanda's corpse as he made a quick slash motion across his throat. Both Lavi and Alma looked surprised.

"Please don't tell me that my son is............" stated Alma as tears formed in his eyes. All Allen could do was to nodd his head yes. Both men began to cry as Alma rushed over to the corpse. ".........No.........not my son......please god anybody............but him!" Alma cried out. Lavi walked over picking up Mugen before he walked over handing the sword to Allen.

"I know that he would want you to have this. In a way I guess I understand why he did it. He didn't want anything to happen to you Allen." stated Lavi as Allen rubbed his slightly round belly. His and Kanda's young were still growing within his body. Allen took Mugen in his hand nodding his head sadly.

*Allen.............Allen.............there is still hope.* replied a voice. Allen instantly recognized the voice of Mugen as it sounded distant and weak. Allen didn't understand what the sword meant by this.

{Allen............can you hear us............Allen?} asked a deep voice which he recognized.

{Lord Neptune..........thank the gods that you're all right.} Allen replied.

{Sorry that we worried you Allen. But it seems that the Earl had found a way to seal the powers of us gods as we couldn't help you but, we have witnessed everything that you have been through.} replied another voice.

{Lord Poseidon!}

{Only through the Earl's death could we be released from the seal. We have all ready disciplined those who had hurt you. Because of your love for the human siren as the humans have welcomed you with open arms, we will allow the humans to understand and tolerate your true voice. No longer will it harm humans.} stated Neptune.

{Allen listen carefully. There is a small but slim chance that you can save your mate's life. The human can be reborn.} stated Poseidon.

{So that is what Mugen meant. But what can I do?} asked Allen.