(11) transformations

Kanda: scrletfyre, what took you so long to write this chapter?

author: sorry Kanda. I was kind of working on another story that is close to completion and coming up with ideas for other stories.

Allen: we apologize to our readers for the long delay.

author: I will start putting up the next several chapters as soon as "humanly" possible.

Kanda: you better scrletfyre as your readers are waiting to see what happens next.

author: the reason why Kanda seems OOC at times is because I wanted to show another side to him. I know that he is usually aggressive and stuff.

Kanda (angrily): hey!

author: but I thought it would be nice to see a whole other side to Kanda that we "normally" don't see. But at times we will get to see that Kanda that we all know and love dearly.

Allen: I kind of like this other side to Kanda quite personally as he isn't as mean to me. I wonder what adventures await for me when I become human.

author: well we will find out soon Allen. Also to dankenolebeau, the siren of earth is my own creation. I wanted to have the sirens represent each elemental power that exists. But in this story, Kanda and Allen are the only two sirens that exist at the moment.

Kanda: so in other words Allen and I are the only ones who can bring back the sirens to the world.

author: that's right Kanda. I haven't worked out all the details of how Allen will birth the new sirens. I kind of thought of fish laying eggs in the water as I felt because of his nature that Allen would do the same thing because he is half fish.

Allen: well that makes sense.

author: well enough getting side tracked here, on with the story as I claim no rights or don't claim to own any of the characters featured from the D Gray-Man series as they are owned by Katsura Hoshino. This story is completely my own idea.

Special keys: "regular human speech", 'thinking', *telepathy/mental speech*, {aquadic telepathic commands}, (author notes), bold - Noah/Mugen talking, italic - mermaid speech

eleven - transformation

Both Lavi and Kanda proceeded to bring the sleeping Allen back to the out-cove cave. Lots were on their minds after learning the truth from Noah, the other half of Allen. Kanda was a siren much like Allen only for the earth. It explained a lot like why Kanda felt drawn to Allen and why he seemed to know that Allen was in trouble. It explained his weakness to the smell of dead mer-flesh and scales as well as the reason to why he had the slits on the side of his neck. Kanda had a lot to think over as it would be a while before Allen and Noah could use their power to awaken Kanda as a siren.

"You have been quite ever since you learned that you are a siren. What's the matter Yuu?" asked Lavi in concern.

"I am not sure Lavi. I am beginning to wonder if my father knows what I am. But what Noah had told us certainly explains a lot of things." replied Kanda.

"It certainly does. For example, how I always seemed to know that there was something wrong with you and what to do when you became sick around mer-flesh and scales." stated Lavi.

"I am not certain if I should confront my father about finding out if he had known the truth about what I am." stated Kanda.

"All I can say is to trust your own judgment and to listen to the advice of your other half. Know that I will always be by your side through out this." replied Lavi.

"Thanks Lavi." stated Kanda.

One night Kanda awoke suddenly after having a terrible dream. He couldn't remember what the dream was about but he could remember feeling and sensing someone else's pain besides his own. Kanda sat up in his bed grabbing a hold of Mugen which sat right besides his bed. He could feel the sword pulse lightly while in its sheath. Kanda sat Indian style on his bed resting Mugen on his lap.

"Please tell me what to do Mugen. Is it possible that my father knew all along what I am? I am beginning to have second thoughts about a lot of things ever since I learned that I am a siren. Please tell me what to do." Kanda stated softly. Kanda could feel Mugen pulse in his hands as he could hear a faint dark voice in the back of his mind.

*Yuu..............wait..........will awaken..............soon.* stated the voice. Kanda's eyes nearly bugged out of his head as he could feel Mugen stop pulsing. But he decided to trust the voice belonging to his other half which still laid sleeping.

The days to the next full moon came quickly as both Lavi and Kanda traveled down to the out-cove cave. Tonight was the night that Allen and Noah would use their power to awaken the siren powers within Kanda in order to help Mugen awaken. It would also cause Allen to become human for a time. Kanda made sure that he had brought some human clothes for Allen to wear. The clothing maybe a bit bit on the petite merman but it was better than nothing. When the two made it to the out-cove cave, they had found Allen lying on the ground away from the water. The transformation into a human-like form was hitting him faster than they thought possible. Kanda reacted quickly picking up Allen into his arms bridal style. Allen tried not to scream out in pain as tears streaked down his face. Even with Noah helping him, the pain proved almost unbearable.

"Hold on Allen." Kanda stated as he and Lavi rushed the siren out to the open. Kanda taking him out into the cold ocean water. The moonlight bathed both Allen and Kanda as Allen couldn't hold back his own power anymore. "Lavi, cover your ears quickly!" shouted Kanda as Lavi obeyed. Allen's screams echoed through the night as his power unleashed transforming Noah into his true form as Allen's white tail split into two long slender human legs. Kanda could feel power coursing into his body causing him to scream out in pain as small fish-like fins ripped out from his lower arms and legs. The slits among his neck became more refined and noticeable. Both Kanda's fingers and toes became webbed as translucent scales lined his lower arms, legs, and neck. Kanda could feel and hear Mugen's heart beat as the sword glowed. Finally the transformation seemed to complete as the scales, fins, gills, and webbed digits disappeared vanished from Kanda. Allen's left arm returned back to its normal shape and form as both Allen's and Kanda's screams dissipated. Kanda looked down at the human form of Allen blushing. He looked exactly like he did in Kanda's dream. "Are you all right Allen?" Kanda asked in concern as Allen nodded his head yes slowly. Kanda slowly walked up to the beach holding onto Allen as Lavi took out the clothing that they had brought for Allen. Kanda gently placed Allen down onto his own two legs as he held onto Kanda shaking. Kanda held onto him firmly not letting go. "It might take you a while to get used to being human. Don't worry Allen, I will help you get used to our world." stated Kanda.

"While I am in this form, I will teach you how to harness the powers belonging to the sirens." Allen stated softly in a human voice. Kanda knew that his greatest trial was yet to begin.

NEXT CHAPTER....................Kanda's trials

Kanda (angrily): again scrletfyre? Why on earth did you bring up that dream?

author (laughs): cause I love to tournament you Kanda.

Kanda (grips Mugen): damn it all...............why do I have to go through this trial

Allen: its because you have yet to discover your own power that you hold as a siren.

Kanda: ...............che.............

Lavi: don't worry Yuu, both Allen and I will be there to help you out. Well more Allen than me.

Allen: that's right Yuu!

Kanda: man, why is it that I feel I am going to go through Hell and back in the next chapter?

author (smiles): it's just possibly your imagination Kanda. In the meantime, I ask for my readers to leave me their comments and reviews as I enjoy hearing what you guys think.