(5) nurse maid

Kanda: I guess this chapter I am mostly taking care of Allen.

author: I wounder what gave you that idea Kanda.

Kanda: the title.

author: ......................

Allen (whispers to the author): I am beginning to suspect that you maybe right about my feelings for Kanda.

author (shouting while throwing arms up in the air): Hallelujah!

Allen (shushes author): not so loud......I don't want him to know.

author: well you better tell him sometime.

Kanda: tell me what exactly?

Allen (blushes): nothing.

Kanda: che.....whatever. Warning, this story is rated M for mature as it will have strong language, violence, and yaoi (boy on boy) sexual content. scrletfyre claim no rights or don't claim any of the characters used or featured in the D Gray-Man series as they are owned by Katsura Hoshino.  This story is completely her own idea.

Special keys: "regular human speech", 'thinking', *telepathy/mental speech*, {aquadic telepathic commands}, (author notes), bold - Noah talking, italic - mermaid speech

five - nurse maid

By early morning Allen awoke with the sun shinning down on him. Allen remembered the human that he had seen last night whom had helped him. A light blush crept across Allen's checks when he thought about the muscular raven black/blue hair and dark eyed savior. Allen could still smell the man's scent on him as the human smelled like sandalwood and Indian spice (not that Allen knew what those smells were, he just knew that what Kanda smelled like). Allen's body still hurt as his stomach rumbled loudly.

'I haven't had a thing to eat since yesterday. I am still too weak and way to injured to move. I hope that human comes back to check up on me. Otherwise I will die.' Allen thought to himself as he laid helpless at the bottom of the pool that he was in. Allen wanted to sing of his pain and hurt but he didn't as he knew that if the humans heard him know, they would come to kill him. Allen let out a long soft sigh praying that he would see the human again.

By mid-morning Kanda awoke he knew that he had to check on the merboy that he had found last night. He wanted to check on the merboy's wounds as he knew that possibly the merboy would be hungry. Kanda had no clue to even what the mermaids ate. Kanda figured that he would bring a sack full of various foods as well as bandages and medical cream. Kanda quickly got up as he grabbed a sack and a set of clothing as he proceeded to get dressed placing on his socks and shoes last. Kanda then went to the bathroom to style his hair. Once that was done, Kanda used the secret passages to grab the items that he needed as he stuffed the sack full with various fruits and vegetables. Then Kanda went to grab the bandages and medical cream he needed before he slipped out of the castle through the secret passages. Kanda wore a disguise so that no one knew that he was the prince. Once out of the castle, Kanda made his way down to the ocean front.

Kanda entered the out-cove cave to find that the merboy was exactly right were he had left him (not that he could go anywhere). Kanda slipped off his socks and shoes placing down the sack before he went into the water. The minute that Kanda had gotten into the water, he had noticed that the merboy was awake as Allen stared at Kanda through his large silver eyes. Allen didn't look to be afraid of Kanda as if he was expecting him to come. Kanda could tell that Allen was in no shape to swim as his tail was a mangled mess. Allen's wounds looked savage as Kanda was able to better inspect the merboy. Kanda took a long deep breath before he dove underwater. Kanda swam down towards Allen as he scooped up Allen into his arms bridal style forcing Allen to hold onto him with his one free and good left arm. Once Allen was situated in his arms, Kanda swam back up toe the surface. Once they broke the surface both gasped allowing the air to fill their lungs. Kanda swam to the edge of the pool gently laying Allen on the ground before he climbed out of the water. A light blush crept across Allen's face as he saw Kanda's clothes cling to his muscular frame.

"I am actually glad to see that you are feeling slightly better Moyashi. You were in the worst shape possible when I found you last night." stated Kanda. Suddenly Allen's stomach rumbled loudly which caused Kanda to burst out laughing as Allen blushed a brighter shade of red. "I thought that you might be hungry so I had brought some food. I had no clue to what you ate so I brought a number of assorted fruit and vegetables. Feel free to help yourself. I am just going to take a better look at your wounds and to treat them." stated Kanda as he pulled over the sack taking out the medical cream and the bandages before he handed the sack over to Allen. Allen ruffled through the sack as he took out an apple biting into it. Allen never had human food before but he was willing to try anything in order to shut up his stomach. Kanda undid the shirt strips that were acting like bandages. "....Che....!" Kanda cursed when he saw Allen's savage wounds. "Good lord Moyashi, what attacked you?" asked Kanda. Allen wanted to answer him but humans would never be able to understand his language let alone tolerate his voice. Allen made several hand jesters first he pointed to himself and then his throat. Then he pointed at Kanda and made the motion across his throat for death. Kanda seemed to understand what Allen was trying to say. "That's all right Moyashi." stated Kanda. Allen cocked his head to one side when Kanda called him "Moyashi".

'Of course the human won't know my name as there is no way to tell him, not without Noah anyway.' Allen thought to himself. Allen tried not to wince in pain when Kanda put the medication cream over his more savage wounds. When Allen finished the apple he riffled through the sack grabbing a celery stick. Human food tasted slightly different than what he was used to but beggars couldn't be choosers. Allen's large gray eyes never left Kanda as he watched the human treat his wounds. Allen was actually a bit surprised that Kanda was helping him. All Allen knew was that the humans hated and killed mermaids for their scales and flesh. 'Maybe not all humans are as we believe them to be.' Allen thought to himself. Kanda worked quietly as he hummed a tune that was stuck in his head. Allen gasped out loud when he heard the tune. It was the same one that he sung on full moon nights. 'This human has heard me singing and yet he is still alive. There is definitely something strange about this human.' Allen thought to himself as he began to sing along with Kanda. Kanda stopped as he listened to Allen shocked.

"So that was you that I was hearing all along Moyashi. Judging from your tune and these injuries, I can tell that you don't have an easy life." stated Kanda as Allen nodded his head. Finally Kanda was done treating Allen's wounds as he gently picked up Allen placing him back into the water. "I will come back to check up on you so try to stay out of sight until I return." stated Kanda as Allen nodded his head. Before Kanda left the cave he turned back to Allen. "By the way......my name is Yuu Kanda." he told the merboy.

NEXT CHAPTER................suspicions

Kanda & Allen (speechless): ...............................

author (waves a hand before their eyes): um guys are you all right?

Kanda & Allen: ............................

Lavi: I think you stunned them scrletfyre.

author: I think that you maybe right. I tried to make this scene romantic.

Lavi: I think that you did a very good job.

author: thank you Lavi.

Kanda & Allen: .........................

author (sighs): well....while I try to snap them out of this please leave me your comments and reviews as I want to hear what you guys think.